(FINALE) 25-Changing Hearts

*Shaneria Blenco POV*

"Lin... I need you to preform...I can barely breathe..." I mutter and start to sway on my feet.
A male nurse acts quickly and catches me before I fall.
"GRAB ME A WHEELCHAIR!" Lin shouts out to the people outside the O.R.
"I'll take it again" Charlie says quickly and does the chest compressions again while Maggie gets gowned.
A female nurse in light blue scrubs, rushes in with my transportation.
"Code blue. O.R. Code blue. O.R." a woman over the PA system says.
I bend forward and cough violently, blood pooling on the floor where my fluids landed.
"Oh shit" I mumble, having thick blood run out my lips and my eyesight go fuzzy as I'm set down in the seat gently.
"Get a General to hook her up to oxygen and pump" Maggie says frantically as she gets to Alex on the table.
I try to remain calm but its so hard given the situation.
I rest my head back begin inhaling deeply, as Im rushed to emergency.
* * *
The hospital bed is prepped for me sitting up and machines are ready to act.
Im quickly yet gently, lifted onto the slighy soft white surface and have multiple people inserting medical equipment.
Oxygen is the first to go on. Then the vital monitor stickers are placed. And next the tiny twin pumps to suck out the fluid in my lungs. Then last is the pain meds.
Zack Miller shines a light in my closing eyes and tells me, "keep breathing kiddo".
I gurgle due to the pump making it extremely uncomfortable to talk or use my throat at all.
But suddenly, the blood within my lungs overflow and it spews up.
Splattering the white sheets, Zack's forearm and face, and my uniform.
"We pushed the tube too far!" A nurse shouts to those in the room as my monitor beats erratically.
"You had to have punctured the upper lobe of her lung and hit one of the pulmonary arteries or vena cava" Zack says in flush and takes off his lab coat as I lean forward and make more blood pool in my lap.
He folds his coat messily and places it behind my back.
"Shouldn't we get her into surgery?!" Victor shouts, wondering why they're wasting time.
"A puncture to the heart has no fix. There is nothing we could do that could help her. The heart is a extremely powerful muscle that doesnt stop pumping blood. Even if we could clog the puncture, the intensity of blood would just break it" Zack narrates as they all watch me cough up endless amounts of blood.
"How do you even know its a puncture to her heart!? We should still try!" Victor pressed.
"If we try to fix this, she will die in a more agonizing way and longer. And I know because of the amount of blood leaving her mouth!" Zack told Victor, understanding his desire to act. But Zack knew better, he was the doctor.
"Whats worse than choking on your own blood while your lungs deflate!!?" Victor said loudly and pointed to me.
Zack focused on me, barely being able to watch and stand, knowing that their work would take my life earlier than expected.
When my body cant take giving this must energy to try to rid the crimson liquid of my lungs, I lay back and just have the blood flow from my lips and onto me.
The room falls silent as they all watch. This would have to be recorded as an incident report.
A nurse hands Zack my chart and a pen, by he's barely able to take it.
Blood even flows from my nose due to the excessive amount of fluid not getting out quick enough from my mouth.
My body gives out a seizure as my eyes refuse to close.
And then....

Nothing.

*Dr. Zack Miller POV*

Shaneria's body shook violently as she continued to bleed out.
But in moments, she went still and the monitor flatlined.
Her eyes remained open as her head was now lolled to the left side.
I adverted my gaze to her file I held.
My hand shook as I clicked my pen and placed it on the paper.
"Time of death..." I began shakily as well, looking to my watch.
"3:41 pm" I finished.
Once I finished my quick note, Victor and the nurses who came to assist me with Shaneria, stood at the wall across from the end of her bed and looks to be mentally saying their peace.
I could feel my throat and eyes begin to burn.
I bite my lips together to hold back my tears and immediately leave the room.