Chapter 14-Goodbye

**Joel Goran P.O.V**
A new day a fresh start.
Perhaps it was best that today was Shaneria's day off.
I couldn't believe my action towards her.
She would never forgive me in doing such a thing.
But moving on, I needed to say goodbye to Alex.
So I pull her away from the newly awoken Charlie.
We talk outside his room.
"What's up?" Alex asked me and leans against the wall.
"Im leaving the hospital" I tell her.
"Were you fired?" She asked, not sounding surprised.
"I quit" I correct.
"Thats too bad"she comments.
"Yeah, you know, its just time to move on" I state but also continue, "Im actually pretty excited about it. Im going to follow up with a few of my patients today and that's it. Im gone" I tell her.
"I bet Shaneria is gonna miss you" she says, not knowing of our misunderstanding.
Well...real big misunderstanding.
"Mmm...probably not" I answer truthfully.
"Well, everything I could have said about this to you; I've already said" she tells me.
"So say goodbye" I reply.
"Bye Joel" She says.
"Bye Alex" I respond and then walk away.

**Shaneria's P.O.V**

When I woke up this morning, I apply a cold cloth to my cheek because it's still tender and a bit red from causing the blood to rise to the surface.
Luckily there was no bruising.
My sister notices and asks me about it.
To which I reply that it was just an accident at work.
Anything could happen in the ER.

At mid morning, we all sit on my patio in the backyard and sip coffee.
Its a sunny day with the perfect cool breeze.
Well, we all have the caffine filled drink except for my sister. She has tea.
"So Shan. Settling down soon?" Tyler asks.
I shake my head, "Nope. Im young".
"Youre old enough you date, come on" he jokes.
"Yes but I am not searching for my man in this particular moment. I got work to do and haven't had any guy stand out" I reply and take another sip of my steaming coffee.
"What of Joel?" Daniére asks me, curiously, rememberingthe man that watched movies with us not too long ago.
My drink burns my throat more at that name.
I purse my lips and reply without emotion, "He's not the guy I was hoping he'd be".
"How so?" She continued, furrowing her brow at my comment when not too long ago we were best buds.
"Thats a story for another day" I shut her question down.
My sister looks at me still questioning my sudden confinement but soon shakes it off.
"I go for my ultrasound the day  tomorrow...may I call you to come?" She asks, hoping her closest sister could come see her hologram.
"Of course. I'll try to make it if Im not preforming a life saving surgery" I smile.
"This visit, we'll find out the gender" Tyler says, excitedly and grasps my sister's hand.
"Very exciting" I chime, happy for the couple and take another sip.
The liquid warms my insides from the slightly chilly atmosphere.
My pup, Lola bounds out of the house while wagging her tail and drops a slobbery tennis ball at my bare feet.
I set my mug on the glass table and then bend over to pick up the ball.
I then give it a good whip and she zooms after it.
Her ears flop as she runs and she pants before she drops the ball back at my feet.
I chuck it again and smile to my expecting sister, "Cant do that with a baby".
"Wait until this one's older. Ill teach this child to bring me dishes and laundry" she grins back, looking at her bump and gently rubs it.
"Then she has her favorite aunt who spoils her" I wink.
The two giggle and Tyler than kisses Daniére's belly.
"Have you two thought of any names?" I ask the overly excited pair.
The two look at each other and then Daniére starts, "If a girl; Saba" and Tyler finishes, "If a bouncing baby boy; Luke".
"Cute" I giggle and rub behind Lola's ear.
"This is my baby" I comment, referring to Lola, my loveable dog.
Lola whines happily and lightly pants from running around.
Daniere coos at my dog and I smile happily.

We spend just a little while longer out before we go inside and I start lunch.
I usually didn't eat lunch because I'm so busy at the hospital but this was the rare occasion where I ate at this time.
Tyler and my sister offered to help but they're the guests and I insisted on having it my way.