Chapter 2-Contact

*Shaneria P.O.V*

Brand New Chick by Anjulie goes off as my alarm.
I let it keep playing to give me some vibes with getting ready for the beginning of my shift at 8am.
Lola follows me into the washroom and sits to watch me splash my face with cold water to wake me up.
"God that's cold" I shiver and grab a towel as Lola barks as if to laugh at me.
I dry my face and then start with a nice light brown smokey eye.
Looks pretty damn good in the picture I'm looking at so I hope it works out for me too.
After that I line my upper lids with black eyeliner and then apply five coats of essence mascara.
Next my hair goes in a high ponytail and I fluff up my side bangs.
I then go to my walk in closet that's across from my bed and next to my master's bathroom.
"Eh why not do a lighter shade of blue. Such a dramatic change!!" I say to myself and smirk at my sarcasm to no one but maybe Lola.
In 5 minutes I'm in my scrubs and I go across my catwalk to get to the stairs.
I descend and then head to the kitchen.
I fill up Lola ' s food dish with dry food and refill her water.
As soon as the kibble hitting the metal dish sounded, she rushes between my legs and eats.
I lean down next to her and rub behind her ear, "good girl" I coo and then search for my breakfast.
Turns out to be a banana with peanut butter and pumpkin spice coffee.
I pull on my New Balance running shoes and double check everything is in my purse to go to work. Then I kiss Lola ' s head as a goodbye and lock the door behind me.
My friend should be dropping by later on to walk my dog, so I leave a secret key in my planter next to the door.
Lola jumps up to the window near the door and barks goodbye as I pull out of my drive way.
Now to see what eventful day will unfold.
* * *

As soon as I walk into the building, Zach calls me over and points to the lady I assume I will be working on with Dr Goran or Reid.
"That looks really bad for just falling off a bike" I comment.
"Sure does" he replies.
Just then, Dr Goran arrives and calls him.
"Hey" Zach replies.
"What do you got for us?" Goran asks and I hand him Kym's chart.
"Uh, Kym Spencer, 23 years old, fell off her bike, broke her leg. It's pretty bad" he says as we walk over to our patient.
"How bad?" Joel asks.
"It's an open tibula and fibula" I say, from my brief view.
"What she said" Zach answers.
"Nice" Dr Goran says kinda impressed.
"See how excited you get?" Zach comments.
"Oh I'm excited" he responds.
"Oh, hey, she's, uh, refusing pain meds" Zach informed.
"Okay, well that's gonna be a pain. No pun intended" I say and earn a smile from each of them.
Dr Goran and I walk to the end of her bed and Goran speaks, "Hey, Kym? Hi. I'm Dr Goran and this is my assistant Dr Blenco. Uh look, we're just going to ask you a few questions...can you feel your leg?".
Her voice breaks as she replies, "yeah".
"Alright, can you feel it when I touch your foot like that..." Joel says and touches the bottom of her foot
"Can you not touch her, please?" The worrisome guy with her says anxious and annoyed.
"You know what? I'd really prefer Dr Blenco to do it actually" he continued.
Dr Goran looks over his shoulder to me.
"Sir, Kym is technically not my patient" I try to reason in order for Joel to do his job.
"I don't care just please, no male doctors" the man still demands.
I look back at Dr Goran ' s semi annoyed face.
I move next to Kym's right broken leg as Joel backs up and takes my position at the end of the bed.
"Are we cool?" Goran asks the man.
"Yeah" he replies and watches me nervously.
"Okay, can you feel your foot, Kym?" I ask after I tap the sole of her foot with four fingers.
She nods with tears.
"You have a compound fracture, and we need to take some x-rays, and then we're gonna..." I begin but she let's a cry of pain out and grabs her left shoulder.
"What, is it your shoulder?" Dr Goran asks and pushes past the worrisome man.
"Alright" He says and she sobs and groans some more.
Dr Goran feels her shoulder and orders, "All right, let's get her some I.V. antibiotics and give her a tetanus shot. I'll also get Shaneria to look at her more at different time because right now we got to deal with this".
"Okay, I'll take care of it" the coloured nurse answered.
"Alright, we got this" Joel replies and nods me to follow him.
"Whoa, is it bad? I mean, is it...is it bad? It's bad isn't it?" The man says as he grabs my arm gently to ask and sees my expression.
"We're just being thorough, okay?" Joel replies before I did.
"We can't release any information just yet, Mr Spencer. But we will do what we can" I state.
"It's ok" Joel says and gently taps the man's shoulder and takes me with him to the nurses station.
"Ok so Dr Reid is busy at the moment so it looks like you are doing the more in depth examination by...yourself" he said, standing across from me and leaning on the desk.
"Have some faith Goran. I can do this" I reassure and take Kym's chart from his hand and pick a nurse at the station to assist me, now.
He smiles and watches me leave before turning around and examining some paper work he was given.