fight club?

Ella's reaches for James's arm. James flinches almost instinctively. James and Ella both feel like screaming and crying with frustration.

"James, look..." Noah begins.

"Don't speak. Noah, goddam it just shut up for once." James interrupts. Turning to Ella he raises a brow and with a sardonic smile says "I guess you've done the best friend and the boyfriend after all. Classy. Tell me, was this going on when we were together?"

"Don't speak to her like that." Noah interjects with a look of slight disgust on his face.

Ella is shaking her head furiously and murmuring "No" over and over again. She's trying to drown out James' awful words and awful assumptions.

"This is an absolute mess," James groans running a hand through his hair. "but why did it have to be my bestfriend? Why Noah?"

"Not everything I do revolves around you James." Ella says fiercely.

"Um sorry but do I need to clarify it again for you? My best friend."

"Well maybe I just wanted to kiss the cute guy I was dancing with. There's nothing wrong with that."

(Noah smiles slightly at that comment)

"So, you just had to make out with a 'cute guy' in front of me. And this 'cute guy' is conveniently Noah, right..." James retorts.

(Noah stops smiling)

"Well guess what? I can do whoever I want wherever I want, because I'm single. You can't say a thing because you're the one who broke up with me, okay?" Her defensive and strong voice begins to falter towards the end.

"I'm not saying you can't, but you just... This isn't fucking fair. This is all so wrong."

"I made a choice. I made a conscious decision to make out with Noah after I saw who he was. I kissed him first. Maybe that's not the nicest thing I could have done, but it's not wrong."

"Have you liked him this whole time? Was I just someone you thought you'd date until it was convenient with Noah?"

"Fuck you." Ella shoves her palm directly at his chest pushing him back slightly. "Fuck you for ever thinking that. I loved you so much and you're trying to destroy that memory."

"Memory. Memory. Memory. I'm in the past. I'm an ex. Ah, what am I doing? I shouldn't have gone off on you like that."

"You're the one who let go of us, and now you need to let go of me." Ella states simply. (Albeit a little bitterly)

"I'll admit I jumped to conclusions too quickly. Someone said you'd been cheating on me with him and then I saw you two together tonight. I just wasn't thinking. I know you're not a cheat," he snorts "you can't even lie properly."

"This isn't about Noah. This is about you and me adjusting to being over."

"I still feel like punching anyone that comes near you. I guess I need to work on that."

At this comment Noah moves back subtly before remembering James can't pack a punch to save his life.

"To be fair I did maybe... perhaps... definitely... want to claw out the eyes of the brunette you were parading around." Ella said.

Noah and James both snorted.

"I refrained obviously." Ella said as an afterthought.

Noah at this point couldn't contain his laughter. James shook his head before joining in and then Ella followed.