Chapter 9

She quickly covers her arm back up and looks at her feet. Why. Who did this to her?!
"Who did this to you?" I say my voice shakes.
"My... It doesn't matter." She shrugs me off.
"Yes, it does." Her brown  eyes look into mine.
"Please." I say. I try to reassure her I won't tell anyone.
"It was my... My dad" she says. My eyes widen.
"Your dad!!" I say. I feel my blood boil. Why. How could he. Who would want to hurt their own kid? I don't understand. She nods. She doesn't look too upset about it really.
"Where is he?" I growl. I want to kill him for what he's done to his own kid.
"In prison." She states and sighs. I sigh with relief. He's paying for what he's done.
"For what." I ask. She leans back.
"Murder" she says and looks out over the park. I feel a lump rise in my throat.
"Murder?" I repeat and she nods.

Tris POV
"Murder?" He repeats and I nod. Aw god damn it. I've probably lost one of the only true friend that I've ever really had. I put my head in my hands.
"Are you ok? Are you crying?" Wait he thinks I'm crying! I almost laugh.
"I can't cry." I say. His face looks shocked.
"You can't cry!" He exclaims. I let out a little laugh and shake my head.
"Not even one tiny tear." He says. I shake my head.
"What if I showed a really. Really. Extremely cute puppy video. You wouldn't cry?!" He says. I laugh.
"No not even at that." I smile.
"What if I showed you a really really sad film. You wouldn't cry." I shake my head.
"What if I showed you..." I cut in.
"What ever you showed me. I wouldn't cry. I can't cry! Not anymore." I almost yell at him. Doesn't he get it! What a knuckle head.
"Why not?" He asks. I look down. I don't want to admit that I can't cry because of my dad. Because he used to beat me if I did. When shit like that happens you stop crying. There's no point at bringing more pain to yourself by showing that your in pain. I mean yeah. I would cry while he wasn't looking. Especially if he had taken the knife to me. I would cry because it hurt. But once you've been to the juvenile centre and in a foster care. You just know the harder you are the better you'll get through it better. I just stopped crying especially after I'd wasted too many tears on my previous years. I shake my head in response.
"Just stopped." I lie. God how could I lie to him. His eyes look really grey in the sun rise light. His lips look so full of love and life.
"What time is it?" I ask and pull my self away from these thoughts. My dad told me when I was younger. I was incapable of feeling love. Or for some one to love me. I don't know what love feels like. I don't know what it feels like for someone to love me. What does love feel like. I guess it's different for everyone. I will never get the same answer twice. So then how do you know when it comes? If it's different for everyone. No one can tell me what it feels like for me. I'll only ever know what it feels like for them.
"6:32" he replies. He pulls me to my feet and sends sparks all over me body.
"Let's get you home" he says and we walk and talk to my house.
"Here you are." He says and shows me a small smile.
"Thanks." I say.
"You know if you ever need someone to talk to. Im always here if you need me." I nod.
"Bye" I say and run up the drain pipe.
Tobias POV
When ever you touch her it feels like I'm on fire. She climbs the drain pipe and into her bedroom. She's like a Rupunzel that doesn't need saving or doesn't want to be saved. I start to run away from her house. I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. I flick it on to see a text from my old girlfriend Lauren. We broke up due to tension between me and her. She started to be more in love with herself then me. We've been talking over the summer. I was on the verge of asking her out till now. With Tris. I don't know. How can you know a girl for a few days and have feelings for her. Should I change my mind for one girl. A girl I've know for a few days. A girl who struggles to open up to people. A girl with many mysteries. Could I do that for one girl?
I look down at my text.
Hey babes- L
Hey u ok?- 4 (fours my nickname BTW)
Yeah, yesterday you wanted to ask me something?-L
Oh yeah I was gonna ask her out yesterday. Crap. After gym. But she had to do something. I don't know what.
Yeah, I'm sorry if I'm a dick for asking you over text.-4
It's K. What is it- L
I was wondering if you would like to start going back out again.-4
Have I done the right thing? I don't know. I hope I have. What if Lauren said yes? I would be happy. But no extreme happiness. What if Lauren said no? I wouldn't be sad either. I wait for a couple of minutes.
Hmmmmmm. Let's see.- L
Of course! I loved being your girlfriend before xx- L
I feel happy. I'm not the only single guy I the group now. I don't feel whole. I feel lost. I'm not sure. I mean I've just gotten the girl of  dreams. At least I think I have.