"I know koi. But the name isn't anything, we are the same, as you've so pointed out," he said lightly.

"What's up anyway?"

"Koenma wishes to speak with us in the dojo?"

"Why us?"

"Everyone."

"Well why didn't you say that then?"

"I didn't mean just us..."

"Well say what you mean man!" she laughed then. She got up from her bed, the blanket falling to the floor, and waited for him to be ready. It didn't take very long, all he really had to do was get up. San led the way to go dojo, wondering what Koenma could possibly want.

...

"As most of you know, there's a problem," Koenma began after Kurama and San had entered the dojo, "There is a demon out there making a lot of noise in Makai. We don't know much about him, but we do know that he isn't interested in ruling it, he wants all the worlds in one. He did not participate in the Demon World Tournament, nor did any of his followers. The only thing we know, is he has a vengeance on my father."

"You don't know where or who he is?" asked Kaito.

"No. His power is the most powerful we have ever encountered."

"Hn. You fools should have been on this since you took down the barrier," said Hiei.

"Perhaps. But with my father's crimes, there was no way we could have prepared for this."

"The name of the demon is Hiroki," Kurama spoke, "He caused the eclipse here, and the rain is apart of his power as well."

"How do you know this?" Koenma looked surprised.

"The wolves in the forest gather a lot of information, Koenma. We need to be aware of what surrounds us, that is how we protect ourselves," explained San.

Koenma nodded, "Very well. I need you, Kurama, Hiei, Yusuke, and Kuwabara to be ready for when this demon attacks."

"What about the rest of us?" asked Mitarai.

"Damage control. You are nowhere near powerful enough to handle a demon like this. But the city needs to be protected as well. The gate needs to be guarded."

It didn't seem that the humans like their particular job, but they nodded anyway. San stared at Koenma suspiciously. There was something he wasn't telling them, and she wasn't sure how exactly to approach the subject. This sense of impending doom was really getting to her, and she didn't feel she was willing to be lead around blindly by the nose by Reikai idiots. But they had been taking orders from Koenma for a while, and so far they seemed to be doing fine. On top of that, the four of them were some of the most powerful demons ever. Put together with the unlimited power of reiki that Kuwabara possessed, this shouldn't be so hard. So why this bad feeling?

...

Another month of constant rain, and San got a huge surprise. The sun had come out for the day. Her spirits lifting, she went outside, not caring that her bare feet got wet. Her mate was at her side, and then, they began to run. This freedom, she hadn't felt it in a while, and wished that the rain would be gone. She ran for hours, knowing that this was a small break. The rain would be back, she could smell it in the air.

When they returned to the temple, they saw the others enjoying the outside as well. It seemed that they really needed this, the weather really getting to all of them. Another little surprise waited for them as well. Jin, Touya, Chu, Rinku, Suzuka and Shishiwakamaru were there. But not just them, Kenji, the messenger for Ozora had also come. San knew it was only a matter of time before they all had to get back to business, but for now, the time of play was about.