Chapter 54: Attack on Bristol?

"We can't just sit here, we need to go help!" You shrieked at the two other women beside you.

You, Molly, and Lauryn were standing in the Avidan's old apartment. It smelled slightly of cinnamon and candle wax. A large window cast rays of sunlight into the main room, long curtains swaying in the breeze of a floor vent.

"I know right, why the three ladies? I could take her! I have a freaking Shinki! Sexist wads..." Lauryn mumbled bitterly, examining her weapon.

"I know you want to help, (Y/n), but you gotta remember that she's really set on ripping you apart." Molly answered. She tucked a strand of light blonde hair behind her ear.

"Lauryn and I want to keep as many people safe as possible." Molly added, looking down at her shoes. You didn't notice that Lauryn had walked away, and was now sprinkling something all over the ground.

"I hate it too. I want to at least know what's going on. And if everyone is okay.." Molly whispered, partially to you, partially to herself.

You knew her concern. Wade.

"Okay, now, I think she'll be getting bored pretty quick here." Lauryn noted to you both. She was peering out the window, looking around the building's yard. The window was right above the pool, it's water sparkling.

"What do you mean 'bored'?" You asked slowly.

"Stalling."

"Huh?"

"The guys are stalling for time."

"What's with the whole time thing? I doesn't matter wether she mauls us now or l-"

"Ever seen Iron Man 3?" Lauryn interjected.

"Wha-huh?"

"Or perhaps heard the tale of the ol' Kamikaze?" The short haired girl asked you, fiddling with her dorky glasses strap.

"What does that have to do with anything?" You asked, puzzled. Lauryn looked down and adjusted her belt.

"You do know I've known Bristol for a long time, right? Well there are other people who knew her too."

"Who?" Molly asked, sitting on her knees. You followed her move.

"She hung around with the wrong people. Dangerous people. Drug addicts and act-out alcoholics. Once upon a time she ratted them out to the police for messing around with stuff they shouldn't have been messing with. Everybody went to jail, including Bristol."

"M'kay, then what. Clearly she's gotten out." Molly asked Lauryn, who pushed up her glasses.

"Once they got out, those druggies threatened to kill her. She fought back. Turns out they weren't as stupid as she's thought before. Apparently, they figured out how to, uh, break apart atoms."

'Wait, she..'

"Bristol got a fate worse than death. They inserted a bomb into her torso, making her live in paranoia for years. Drove her mad, it did. Imagine being a walking time bomb, always thinking about how your life is ticking away. You'd go insane too, with that kind of pressure."

"She has a BOMB INSIDE HER?!" Molly screamed, jumping to her feet.

"Yep. That's some serious Black Shadow and Zoda crap right there. Except this is a bomb and not a Reactor Might, and she can't control it's power."

"So h-how do we stop her? W-w-we can't-"

"Easy there, hun. You're freaking out a little."

"WELL, YEAH!"

"I wish it was as easy as cutting the nape of the neck to stop regeneration, but unfortunately, it isn't."

"How are we going to get rid of her?" Molly hit her fist into her other hand. She was getting worried, as were you.

"Ehhh... We're not. We're like tiny Heman going against like, ten armored giants, with no help from Captain Deadpan or anyone else."

"Uh. Can you say that again.. Differently?" You asked her, confused, and slightly questioning her sanity.

"Armin Alert, against ten Armored Titans, with no help from Captain Levi."

The look on Molly's face read purely as: "I am getting so sick of this bull."

Molly groaned. "One more time, Lauryn. Preferably without geek metaphors.."

"We're screwed." Lauryn answered blatantly. "Unless we hide and wait it out."

"Wait it out? She's going to explode?!" You shrieked, waving your arms around.

"Nnnyeah." Lauryn mumbled, biting her lips. "We're just kinda playing keep away. It's like-"

'Shhh!' Molly hissed.

"I know everybody hates my stories but-"

"No! Listen!" Molly snapped at the two of you.

You heard horrifying sound of women's shoes, clacking up the stairs. Quiet, eerie laughter bounced off the bare hallway walls. 

'Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger..' You could hear Lauryn quietly sing to herself.

If ya can't tell, I'm kinda into AOT and Noragami right now. REFERENCES FOR DAYS!!

This isn't a chapter I'm particularly happy with. It was one of those "Ow I'm hurting I need to get my mind off it somehow" chapters. (Stomach Ulcer. Yay.  As if my Ulcerative Colitis wasn't fun enough.) But it's still written and posted, haha! Heh...

Ulcers suck.

Since I'm in horrible pain, I thought why not have that ol' pain in your patoot come back too? I'm sure we'll both feel much better in the next few chapters.

Well, catch you next chapter. See ya!

P.S. Kudos to anyone who caught the F-ZERO reference.