Part 51: Come, Sekki!

"FFFFFFFFUUUUUNNY SPRINKLES!!" A voice screamed from another room. You and Sean bolted out of the bedroom, weapons in hand. Sort of.

You held a pen like a lightsaber, and Sean had a pink throw pillow, ready to strike with.

"SHHHHRIMP PUFFS AND CHEESE-WHIZ!! That hurt!"

Sean turned to you, raising one of his thick eyebrows, while mouthing 'shrimp puffs?' questingly.

"She's fine guys! Just dropped her box." Barry noted, walking out of his room with Lauryn, who was rubbing her head. You could tell Barry was trying his hardest not to laugh.

"What're you guys doing? You guys look like you're partaking in the worlds most random sleepover." Lauryn asked cracking her neck a little to relieve her headache.

You tried to ignore the sickening pop by coming up with an excuse for your anime-intro-worthy pose.

"We thought-"

"WHAT THE HECK WAS EVEN IN THAT BOX? It sounded like the window was being shattered! Ya nearly scared me outta me ass!" Sean yelled, causing everyone to either wince, or cover their ears.

Lauryn's face went blank. She was like a nervous reptilian scientist from a popular video game. Barry snickered.

"Uh.. M-My, um, Shinki..." She whispered, her face going red.

"Your what?"

"My Shinki... Like, Sekki... Yukine from Noragami..." Her voice gradually got quieter until only she could hear herself. Lauryn didn't seem to notice.

"A sword." Barry explained, before Lauryn interrupted with an argument that it was a katana.

"We're in ta nuthouse (Y/n).. These guys're weird." Sean whispered.

You looked around. You four were the only ones in the apartment. Molly, Wade, Bob, and even Mark had disappeared.

"Uh, guys, where is everyone?" You asked, changing the subject.

"The others are across the hall in the Avidan's place. We don't have room for them here, so we asked Mrs. Avidan if our guys  could stay there while they were on vacation over on the East Coast."

"There were a lot of 'ums' and 'uhs' from me, and a lot of 'Eeeeeeeeh..' from Mr. Avidan. He's really cool." She smiled a giggled.

"Dan's Mom is really cool, and she said yes, as long as 'we don't bring any random girls overnight or play baseball inside.' Those are her only requests." Barry stated, his voice going slightly higher in an attempt to do a woman's voice.

"Baseball?" You questioned.

"Apparently baby Dan played b-ball and broke stuff because of it." Lauryn answered.

All at once there was a ding, a series of duck sounds, and the sound of R2-D2 echoing around the room. Lauryn took a running start and jumped onto the couch, snatching her iPod from under the cushion.

"Oh sprinkles.."

Hearing that, Barry quickly headed over to the idle computer, and furiously started typing.

"SEKKI!!" Lauryn screamed, running to her room with her hand outstretched.

"(Y/n).. Get to the other apartment, warn everyone, and grab a bag."

You looked around. Four backpacks were lined up by the door. Two plain black, one Ninja Turtle, and one My Little Pony, with a Pokémon keychain hanging on it. Sean and you both took a black one.

Lauryn emerged from her room with a silver blade, partially wrapped in white cloth. She wore a belt with two pouches. One with an epi-pen and one with a bottle of bbs.

"We gotta go. Now." Lauryn warned, her random attitude had turned serious. Barry picked up the Ninja Turtle backpack, and handed Lauryn the My Little Pony bag.

Barry picked up a bb gun and a bottle of something. Barry looked at you. "(Y/n), the others! Now!"

"R-right, I-" You turned to leave, but not before the sound of police sirens and gunfire assulted you ears.

"War, has changed." Sean muttered in a Solid Snake voice.

'You don't say!' You thought before ducking outside and into the next room down the complex's hall.

It's time. Time for the biggest challenge of your (fanfictional) life. It's gonna be quite the test. Let's hope you don't bomb it, okay?

Heh.

That'd sure blow. But I'm here wasting time filling a cosplay thing with glitter. Not to mention the glitter thing exploded twice.. My Mettaton cosplay isn't supposed to blow up. I'm going as Mettaton EX, not Mettaton NEO, geez.

P.S.
I'm noticing a trend this A/N. Strange.