The Witch's House

Thanks for 750+ reads!

I'm actually not a fan of how these random imagines everywhere in a book look but whatever.

I'm thinking of writing the rest of this book in third person. How do you guys feel about that?

.    .    .

"Granny Sheeran told me when I'm looking for a partner to fall in love with their eyes cause eyes are the only things that don't age, so if you fall in love with their eyes you'll be in love forever."

– Ed Sheeran

    "You can leave now." Alexander, the tall, raven haired boy, announces to his taller childhood friend. The three of them have been walking in the previously darken forest that the enchantress and the "king" first acquainted - and later benefited - almost about a year ago. To them, it feels like they've only just recently met each other. 

     "Can't. I have orders from your father." The dark skinned male, known as Travers, replies. Alexander, known as Alex, rolls his eyes and picks up his walking speed. The mere mention of his father irritated him. Sometimes, he would wonder how he ever admired his father as an ignorant, prepubescent boy. He found himself compulsively attempting to hide any resemblance to his father. Luckily for him, he was born with his looks favoring his mother-- who he adores. 

     "He isn't even a king anymore, he can't order anyone to do anything." Alex mutters, crossing his arms, "Anyways, can you at least not follow us inside the house and wait outside until we're done?"

     Travers ponders the request for a moment before complying when he found it to be reasonable, "If I hear anything unusual, I'm coming in." 

     The ginger "adolescent"-- or so Alexander calls her-- spent most of the journey almost completely silent. She mainly spoke when telling the boys the directions and what to avoid. The further into the forest, the less dark and mysterious it seemed and more whimsical and mystical it became. It didn't look too different from any other forest, yet it the aura given off by the forest felt so unusual and warm. It intrigued Alexander due to his past interest in the unknown, such as supernaturals. He was slightly jealous that Karmin was able to grow up in such a unique, free place while he was stuck in a castle in the care of a foreign creep for most of his childhood. 

     "You know, this is a pretty odd place for a house to be located. The only people that live here are witches. Who's house are we even going to?" The thought crossed Travers' mind later in the adventure on who would live in such a place other than a supernatural. What business could his childhood and newly acquainted friends need from someone like that? "Are we visiting some of Kari's (Karmin) relatives? Let me guess, she's a witch? She even has the hair." Karmin and Alexander tense up for a moment for their secret. How could he have found out? They glance at each other in shock, trying to hide any expression that'd make it seem obvious that he was right. The two averted their gaze from each other and onto Travers. Neither of them spoke. Their worries were eased when Travers began to laugh, "I'm just kidding! You both look like I just exposed the greatest secret of all time. You both are so gullible." He walks ahead of the two while they're both off guard. They both let out a sigh of relief before catching up with him.