Hungover

"You promised to love me
And forever we would be.
I fell for your lustful lies
and got lost in your green eyes.
I was just another body to touch
and of me you didn't think much.
Now you're kissing someone new
and I'm stuck missing you.
I drink to numb the pain
of falling victim to your game.
A hangover after drinking can not heal,
yet hurts less than heartbreak I feel." ~ Mckenna Lynn

      I'm never drinking again... My head feels like a someone keeps hitting in the head with a hammer.  Everything was blurred and I felt nauseous. I sat up on what I assumed to be the couch and rubbed my temples. I felt a body next to me that was still asleep, I presumed it to be Karmin. I never thought the sound of birds chirping would cause me so much pain. I closed my eyes and covered my ears. Everything was too loud and too bright. From the people walking down the street to Karmin's sleepy breaths, they all caused me too much pain.

     I felt a warm hurl arise from the throat. I quickly stood up and covered my mouth, not wanting to throw up on myself or anywhere else again. I looked around the blurry room only making me more nauseous. The putrid substance continued to rise my throat and entered my mouth, begging for me to let it out.

     "Don't throw up on my table dude!" I heard a voice calling it, I guessed it was Travers since we were in his house. His shouting only made it worse. My head spun while I looked for the bathroom, praying that his plumbing has at least been installed.

     "The head is the door on the right next to the front door." A voice, that I assumed to be Nate for the fact that he called it a "Head" instead of the bathroom, spoke out to me. I ran over to the bathroom and opened the lid and instantly let out the warm liquid come out my throat. It left a bitter, acid taste in my mouth accompanied with a tingly warm sensation in my stomach and throat.

     I raised my head, thinking that was the end of the nauseous feeling... I was wrong. My head was in that damned toilet for a good hour. I felt disgusting. I washed out my mouth in the sink, followed by my face.

     I walked out the restroom and the attention turned to me. Travers and Nate were talking eating some toast and eggs while drinking some lemon water. Travers had some tomato sauce smeared across his toast with his egg on top of it. They didn't seem to have as bad of a hangover that I have. Karmin was still asleep peacefully on the couch. That lucky bitch, she drank tea so she wont have a fucking hangover! UGH!

     I walked over to the table and grabbed the pitcher of water and chugged it down my throat. It felt so refreshing and cool, I didn't know I was so thirsty until I saw them drinking water.

     "Whoa, Alex! Slow down there!" Nate called out. I glared at him.

     "Don't yell, he's hungover. Told you he couldn't hold his liquor." Travers ordered Nate, letting out small chuckles. I flicked them off and a plate and some left over eggs and toast. I smeared the tomato sauce all over the toast and placed my egg on top of it. I ate it quickly, still hungry afterwards.

     After I ate about five pieces of toast and eggs along with two more pitchers of water, Karmin awoke. She looked around the room and smiled when she saw me. "How are you feeling?" She asked me. I was in the middle of eating my sixth egg-toast burrito.

     "Dehydrated, I'm starving, and I just took my head out of the toilet from vomiting for an hour. So the answer to your question, just fucking cheery!" I was in a pretty pissy mood.

     "Hey, we all told you that you couldn't hold you liquor. Plus, you didn't drink any water." She crossed her arms and stood up. She fixed her bun. She wasn't wearing the dress she wore yesterday at the docks. She wore an over sized tee-shirt that stopped at the top of her legs. I guessed it was one of Travers' shirts because it was his house, and he was the biggest out of us all. He's not fat, he's just really built.