Happy Birthday to Me

"Although I feel like
I'll be the only person saying happy birthday
to me today

I'm supposed to be happy
but all I feel is just
really
really
lonely"  ~Meaghan

     "Get it before it before it runs off!" Karmin yelled at me as I ran after the ram. We were laughing the whole time. We were in such a giggly mood all of a sudden. I chased after the ram that kept running in circles. Karmin just watched and clapped. 

     "Get back here you damned sheep!" I screaming in frustration.

     "It's a male sheep, you have to call it a ram! You're offending it!" I don't give a fuck about a sheep's feelings.

     I fell into the dirt and the ram ran into the woods. Karmin walked towards me and offered to help me up, but I stood up by myself. I patted myself off. I looked back up and fell down in fear. There was a fairly tall man, or at least he looked tall from the ground. His face was oval shaped and pale. His eyes were jet black along with his hair. His weird and mustache were just stubble. His chest was exposed and he wore red pants and a staff in his left hand. Horns came from his head. He pointed the staff at me, "Who do you think you are?" He spoke in a strong voice as if he is of authority. 

     "I-I'm King A-Alexander of Solitum!" I announced nervously. 

     "The lonely kingdom, eh. You're no king." He raises his staff and begins to walk off, "Don't chase me around again, or you'll be meeting me quite soon in death." 

     "Was that the ram we were chasing?" I stood up once again and patted myself off.

     "He's pretty hot, I might put him in first." 

     "W-What! He's a damn sheep! I'm first! I'm always first on everyone's list!" I bickered.

     "Calm down, like I said, you're always my #1." She giggles, "Don't get so jealous." She winks as me and starts walking down the cliff, "I'm feeling cake again, want some?" 

     "Yes, actually." Karmin was shocked to hear me say that. Usually I say no when she asks me, but today was a special day an I wanted cake. 

     "Okay then... Race me to the bakery!" She began to run full speed back into the forest. The color began to slowly drain again and I ran towards her. 

     The color faded completely this time. I looked around, everything was in black and white. "Karmin?" I called out. Where could she be with all my color? I walked out the forest and looked around, I still saw no color. Maybe she was at the bakery? I walked towards the bakery and stepped inside. Karmin wasn't anywhere to be seen. 

     I ran out the bakery. I have an unpleasant feeling about her sudden disappearance.

~Karmin P.O.V.

     I woke up somewhere. I couldn't tell where I was, my eye were covered and I was tied to what I assume was a chair. I tried to call out Alex's name but my mouth was covered. I struggled to get myself out of the restraints, no luck.

     I heard footsteps. I turned my head in the direction of the footsteps. The person was probably the one who brought me here. "Hello Miss Karmin." A familiar voice spoke to me. I couldn't put my finger on who was speaking to me. The voice sounded so familiar, yet so foreign. I felt like I could trust this person, but at the same time I felt like I shouldn't, "Aw, aren't you going to speak to me. Oh wait, you can't." My captor laughed at their own joke.

     I wonder where Alex was. He was probably looking for me. This whole trip, he's made sure to be with  me at all times like he's paranoid or something. I enjoyed the time I spent with him. Though I know he probably doesn't care for me, he's my whole world. He's always on my mind. I love him. Seeming him get slightly jealous when I compare him to someone else or when someone flirts with me and he makes sure people know I'm his 'partner' makes my heart flutter with joy. Though I know he thinks of me more as a 'partner in crime' type person, I like so believe he means 'partners in love.' I know he'll never love me back, but it doesn't hurt believing.