A Year of Rain

*Idea Character looks*

"Cry for me,
Die for me,
I know you will.
Ease my sorrow,
I can't stop what I feel I
Call out your name
Touch you by your legs
And I
Know your body song
Never been so down so long." ~ Echoes In My Mind by Spooky Black (Above song)

"Alex?" Karmin shook me in my bed causing me to swat her hands off me, "You're so pale. You haven't been out the castle in a year! The doctors say you should be fine now, lets do something!" Her energy pissed me off sometimes, but she was the person who visited me the most while I was ill. I turned towards her and looked at her. She cut her hair a while into my chemotherapy when my hair started falling out. She cut it to where he chin was. The hair curled around her face framing it. She seemed to make having shorter hair work.

After the chemotherapy, my hair began to slowly grow back. It isn't as long as it was before, but it's almost there. I haven't brushed or straightened my hair since chemotherapy and it was extremely oily and full of hideously messy curls. I felt so helpless. I couldn't do anything. I was constantly sick and needed attention all the time. I couldn't even take a simple bath without help. Every time I tried to do something on my own, the servants and my family freaked out. Karmin didn't even try to take me on her stupid escapades the year I was sick. I wasn't sick for a full year, it was about seven or eight months.

"Oh geez, I wonder why I'm so pale." I shot her a slight glare. I felt my face for a second and felt some stubble. I knew I would have to get rid of that immediately, there was no way I was having a full grown beard like my father.

"Please Alex! I know you miss the adventures we use to go on!" She pulled on my arm, attempting to pull me out of the bed.

"We went on one adventure and we all know how that turned out." I groaned looking over at the picture frame that has been placed on its face for months.

"Come on! It's a beautiful summer day! Lets go out and play!"

"I need my rest." I snatched my wrist out of her grasp and turned over facing the wall. I curled into a fetal position and let out a long groan.

"Alex! Do something!" I could hear her getting impatient.

"I'm fine here..." I closed my eyes in an attempt to fall asleep.

I let out a sigh of frustration, "Do you know how many things we need for the spell? We didn't get one thing last time we went to the Blind Man's Kingdom because of 'Mr Antagonist.' Lets go back and get what we need!"

"You had a whole year to gather things for the spell, why didn't you get everything then?"

She placed her hands on her hips and spoke to me in a sassy tone, "Do you want to become king again or not."

"Let Eugene have it. I can't even get out of bed without help." I curled up tighter in the position feeling useless.

"I will not tolerate Eugene being king!" She spat out in anger. She seems to have a deep hatred towards Eugene and wont explain to me why. Maybe she knew him before?

She grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of bed. I fell to the floor letting out an 'oomph' and sitting up. I rubbed my back in pain and glared at her, "Way to pick on the sick guy."

"Stop pitying yourself! Get up now, go to the bathroom, take shower, shave that off your face, fix your hair, brush your rancid teeth, and dress like the Alex I know and love!" She was shouting at me as if she was a military commander so something.