The second demon grabbed Kita as she landed It pressed against her wound causing Kita to grunt in pain. The demon's hand spun and something pushed into Kita's stomach.

She burst into flame, becoming white hot, but it had no effect. The thing burrowing into her stomach was beginning to hurt. I need away out fast. Drawing Dawn, she jammed the blade against the wrist as she spun. Sparks flew and the hand wobbled. The hand and Kita flew off.

The clawed foot of the demon came down toward her. Kita rolled out of the way with the hand still attached. She phased behind the demon, leaving the hand behind. Slamming her fist through the fan port on the demon's life support backpack, she grabbed whatever she could and yanked. The demon spun tried to dislodge her. Kita continued to yank pieces out, until the demon collapsed.

Kita stood over the demon, stuck her thumbs against her head, waved her hands, and stuck out her tongue in a raspberry. So there.

Kita tried to remember which direction the shot had come from. She couldn't remember; the merry-go-round ride had disoriented her. Well, there's the unpleasant way to do it.

Drifting into the air, she opened her central vision to the complete panoramic view. A shot struck her in the leg. She phased to where she saw a flash. Landing on a cowboy with a long rifle, she drew Dusk and Dawn and pressed them against the shooter and another cowboy with a pair of binoculars. She laughed when she saw them.

"Guess this makes me the Indian?" Her voice became playful and menacing, "Well cowboys, I think I'll take you back to my wigwam and have my way with you."

With two quick strikes, she knocked the pair out. When she tried to stand, she found she couldn't. She was missing a big section of her thigh. Hovering off the ground, she picked up the pair and the rifle. Struggling, she flew toward friendly lines. I hope that Tina's around, I'm beginning to feel a bit faint.

Kita flew over a line of tired looking Black Watch.

"Where's Commander Zidin?" she yelled.

The Black Watch pointed her farther down the line. Shifting her load in her hands, she saw Xeen. That'll do for now.

While landing, she put her bad leg down and collapsed. The two bodies and rifle tumbled out of her hands. Xeen and several Black Watch ran to her.

"By the Crushing Depths child, what've you done to yourself?" said Xeen.

"Let's just say the goose bagged the hunters. It took a couple rounds to flush them out."

"And the section of gut you're missing? Or is that just a scratch? Medic!"

"I'd say it's just a bruise. I ran into a pair of demons on my way over. The good news is: I cleaned off the back side of the island." Kita said with a grin.

"We saw something was going on over there. No one's told us anything. Right now this sections quiet."

"Should stay this way for a while, I made sure to land on their headquarters."

"So you made the big bang then? I should have known." Xeen chuckled.

"Where is she? Is she over here with you Xeen?"

Serin's voice sounded sweet to Kita's ears.

"Aye, lass. She's here, missing a few chunks."

"Neptune's rings girl, what took you so long?" Sarin said sliding in next to Kita and giving her a hug and a kiss, much to the medic's annoyance.

"I had to work through some things, but I feel much better. Look, I brought you a present." Kita pointed to the cowboys. "I believe they're the ones who took a shot at you a few months ago."