XXX. Teal And Gold

Monday, 28th May. Day 28.

"No! You have to put the teal and then the gold!" I put my hand over his to stop him from making a mess with the bracelet. Things were bad enough with a fractured wrist but to have it on my dominant hand... ugh. I never expected that a big shot billionaire like Ezra can't follow basic instructions.

"I thought it was alternate," he looked with a confused expression from me to the mess.

"No... you have to put all the teal ones first and then end with gold." I had this pretty bracelet I needed to finish. It had millions of teal and gold discs with most of it being teal but then around 40 at the end was gold. It was a special one of a kind bracelet for a sweet little kid named Gracie.

"That makes no sense." He said and I looked at him with a dead-pan expression.

"It's called style. And besides, I think it looks pretty cute." I smiles at the mental image I formed in my head.

"How do you expect teal and gold to go together?" He asked and I closed my eyes to curb my frustration. It was at that moment I knew Ezra could never do what he's told.

"I've been in this business longer than you, Ezra, trust me."

"But-"

"Fine! Don't do it, I'll do it myself!" I snapped at him and brushed him aside as I started sorting the small discs by colour.

"Stop, let me." He took my right hand and put it aside and then moved to sort the mess he made.

Carlos, the man who tried stealing my bag yesterday turned out to be a man in desperate need of money. He couldn't pay his debts and his family and him were going to get evicted so he had to resort to low methods of making money. When he first saw Ezra in an expensive suit, he thought he was going to be in deep trouble. But when we offered to help, he broke down and cried and thanked us profusely. Ezra even offered a job to the man and I couldn't have felt more happier. If only all rich people turned out to be like Ezra, huh?

After leaving the hospital, we got our handcuffs fixed and Ezra and I spent the rest of the day at his place, locked in our little bubble. I found it funny that he kept at least one hand on me at all times as if he felt I would disappear if he turned away for even a second. But the humour was replaced with aww and I took comfort in his arms.

Lucy checked up on me today morning and to my surprise, the newspapers portrayed me as some sort of brave crime fighting woman who didn't hesitate to run after the man instead of acting like a damsel in distress. To be honest, my efforts wouldn't have been that hard if the cuffs weren't in my bag but damn if I clarified that.

In a bid to spend some time with me, Ezra decided we would go to my store today. When we passed the road where the accident took place, Ezra tensed up and I held his hand in silent support. I couldn't help but think the accident was some sort of wake-up call for him. Now, we were in my shop and here I was, screaming at him to follow orders. Some bonding time, wasn't it?

I still had a busted lip and a few scratches on my face and arms. Other than that, I was pretty fine and dandy, except of course, for my wrist which I found out doesn't have to be in a cast.

"Again, why am I wearing this?" I motioned to the cast.

"Cause I want you wearing it. Just to be on the safe side." The way he said it in a confident drawl ticked something in me.

"Did you go to medical school?" I asked in a genuine tone and he looked at me weirdly.

"No..."

"The how would you know better than a doctor?" I snapped, my genuine expression fleeing the moment he said no.