XX. Spoilers

Saturday, 19th May. Day 19.

"Her name is Clara Penn." I roused from sleep because of this voice. "Yes. No, whatever details you want. Yes. Okay. Thank you."

"What was that about?" I inquired sleepily and looked up at Ezra who was sitting in bed.

"Spoilers." He said and I raised an eyebrow.

"You've planned something."

"Yes."

"What is it?"

"Nothing of your concern." He kissed my forehead and then made a move to get out of bed.

"It is of my concern when my name is mentioned." I followed him out and we went to the closet.

"All in good time, Honey." He winked and I muttered something under my breath. We took our clothes to the washroom and first brushed our teeth side by side. Last night, Ezra finally convinced me to wear the silk nightgown which I hadn't bothered with for the past nineteen days. And, as much as I hated to admit it, it was very comfy and felt good against my skin. But damn me if I ever mentioned that to him.

"I'd just bug you until I get the answer then," I said after rinsing my mouth.

"I'd love it if you bug me." He said instead and I narrowed my eyes.

"Bantering early in the morning is hazardous." I warned warily and he laughed like it was a good joke. Then, he took me in his arms and kissed me. He tasted of mint mixed in with his own scent. Delicious. When he pulled back, he went to the tub and began filling water in it. "Uh... aren't you taking a shower?"

"We are taking a bath." He said without looking at me and I stared open mouthed.

"No... no we aren't. I'd never-"

"You would, you definitely would." He grinned and then closed the distance between us and put his fingers through my hair before leaning down and kissing me softly and sweetly. I melted against him as I kissed him back, my knees going weak.

"Ezra-"

"Shh..." He muffled my words of protest with his mouth.

When the tub was filled with water, Ezra put in some vanilla scented bath oil which instantly bubbled up on the surface of the water. He then turned to face me and helped me out of my nightgown. Each touch of his fingertips on my arms and shoulders sent goose bumps trailing up and a shiver down my spine. I quickly dove for the bathtub to shield myself and Ezra chuckled before taking off his own clothing. I looked anywhere but at him though my cheeks turned red and even more so when he got in behind me.

Ezra wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer, my back to his front. He then took a washcloth and without a mumble of protest from me, he wet it and lathered it up before cleaning me up. When I was finally deemed squeaky clean, I turned around and returned the favour.

***

"Sir, the package is ready." Sylvia stood in front of Ezra and gave him a knowing smile. I immediately perked up and looked between the two of them.

"Excellent. Have it delivered to the mansion and have someone set it up in my bedroom." Ezra's voice was filled with authority, however, he did return that smile.

"Yes, Mr. Copper." Sylvia replied and gave me a smile before leaving his office.

"Package?" I asked and looked at him expectedly. "Part of this surprise, isn't it?"