XIX. The Dutch Challenge

Friday, 18th May. Day 18.

When I accepted Ezra's challenge, I had no idea he'd take it this seriously. For two days, he deprived me of my timeout. I missed two beautiful hours of freedom in forty-eight hours because of him! In those two days, I must have aged a lot because of my constant glaring and frowning at him. The third day, however, was different but in a bad way. He did give me my timeout but he had the audacity to tell every internet café I went to to deprive me of using a computer and, what's worse, was that he had a man follow me around everywhere so when I tried to ask people on the streets for help, he scared them off. Bastard.

Today, however, I rose to the challenge with a strong intention to win. I thought long and hard about this terrific plan and today, I was just waiting for him to wake up and see what it was. I grinned when I saw him stir in bed.

"Good morning, baby." I ginned wider when he blinked open his eyes and looked at what felt wrong. "Oh yeah, those are for two reasons." I jerked my chin to his hands which were tied to the bedpost. "One, payback and two, I can get your phone now." He gave me a small smile and raised an eyebrow.

"Kinky, miss Penn." He said in his sexy sleep laced voice and I smirked.

"Haven't see the best of me." I said and sauntered off to his bedside table, taking my time to enjoy the moment. He woke up ten minutes after I took the timeout so I still had fifty minutes left. I felt his eyes on me as I picked up his phone and went back to my place of glory at the end of the bed. When I brought his phone to life, my smile dropped.

"Looks like tying me up only served one purpose hmm?" He said and I looked up with an annoyed expression. Ezra had put a lock on his phone. There wasn't one when I snatched his phone for David's contact but now... damnit.

"It's only four numbers, I'll get it." I said, mostly to assure myself and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Five attempts, dear." He said, smirking victoriously and I glared at him. I then proceeded to type in his birthday but then... "I wouldn't be stupid enough to keep an anniversary date, Clara." He said and my fingers hovered over the screen. Was he bluffing?

"Alrighty then." I chimed and srood up. "What is it?" I crossed my arms and looked down at him. The comforter is around his waist, showing those abs and perfectly sculpted chest. Damn him.

"You think I'd tell you?" He asked and laughed at my naivety.

"I'd torture you," I taunted but he grinned.

"I'd love it." I fume in frustration and then went to pick up my own phone. I needed a much better version. This old outdated model belonged in a dustbin. I dialled the number of the one person that could help me.

"Good morning, Clara, what can I do for you?"

"Good morning, Sylvia." Ezra smiled at me but I chose to ignore him. "I was hoping you'd tell me the pass to Ezra's phone." There was a silence for a minute but then she continued.

"Why...?" Her tone had a small hint of amusement but I didn't pay attention to it.

"Just need to check of a few things." I answered.

"Where is Mr. Copper?" She asked and I sighed.

"In the shower."

"Ma'am, I'm not permitted to-"

"Please?" I plead and Ezra's grin went wider. Safe to say we both knew his employees were very loyal... to him.

"I can't, Clara, I'm sorry." She said and I sighed in defeat.

"Okay." I ended the call and put my phone down. I turned to face him, "why won't you just tell me?"

"This is more fun." He said and I slumped down on the bed. The next things I did was call David but he already seemed to know what was up and ended the call just when I said the word 'hack'. "Giving up so soon, babes?" He inquired and I looked at him through a narrowed gaze.

"Tell me."

"No."

"But why?" I whined and pouted.

"You know why," he replied with amusement. I sighed and kept the phones down l. Without uttering another word, I left the room looking defeated.

"Breakfast, miss Penn?" Dolores, one of the housekeepers asked and I nodded and smiled. I took a seat at the breakfast bar as I watched her make her signature blueberry pancakes. Yum. "And Mr. Copper?" She asked a minute later.

"He's tied up. It will take a while." I replied with slight amusement. Dolores didn't get the double meaning and nodded before she returned her attention to the food. A second later, I felt two hands snake around my waist and felt a pair of lips at my neck.

"Actually, you can whip up breakfast right now." Ezra piped in and then proceeded to rain kisses down my neck.

"How did you-" I start and he pulled back to take a seat besides me.

He answered with a playful smile on those lips. "I'm guessing you weren't a girl scout."

"But... oh, just never mind." I snapped, feeling annoyed. I couldn't even tie him to a bedpost properly. What the hell could I do? He laughed in response and I glared at him. Ezra placed the handcuffs on the bar and then scooted closer.

"Giving up so soon, miss Penn?"

"I still have an idea up my sleeve." I mutteted and he raised an eyebrow.

"Oh?"

"Yes." I pressed, hoping he won't call my bluff.

"What is it?"

"Why would I tell you?" I asked instead.

"You wouldn't because you don't have one. I'm afraid you lost this challenge, Dear."

"Not yet." I replied with determination and he smiled.

"Don't worry. If you don't win, I'll tell you the answer at the end of the month." He winked and I felt my heart flutter in response. Damn him.

"Dolores?"

"Yes ma'am?" She placed our breakfast in front of us and then turned to look at me.

"Does anyone in the staff speak Dutch?"

"Well, yes..." She stopped immediately when Ezra glared at her.

I looked pointedly at Ezra. "You can tell me. I promise I won't let him do anything to you."

"Dolores, your paid leave begins from today. You can leave, provided you keep your mouth shut." He said and I felt my mouth drop open in astonishment.

"Yes Mr. Copper." She said and scuttled off. I stared after her, completely gob smacked. Traitor! I wanted to scream. I gave them a show just a few days ago and this is what they do? Listen to him?

"That's not fair!" I admonished and he dug into his breakfast.

"All is fair in love and war, Dearie." He replied and grinned victoriously for the rest of the meal.