IV. Clara Wins

When I opened my eyes, I realized it was still night. The city, of course, wasn't sleeping but it was the cover of darkness outside that made me aware of the night. I silently yawned and after blinking a few times to adjust my eyes to the darkness, I looked around.

The first thing I noticed was that I'm in Ezra's bed. But I clearly remember sleeping in a guest bedroom so how did... I looked to my right where Ezra was sleeping. Oh. I then looked down to our hands and saw a bandage on my wrist with the cuff slightly looser and above the bandage. Huh.

Then I realized something else which made me scream out Ezra's name in a harshly shrill voice.

"What?!" He jumped up into a sitting position on the bed and looked around the room before his eyes fell on me. "What's wrong?" His rigid posture eased and he looked at me with concern. I could almost laugh at his caring nature if it wasn't for my fury that prevented me from doing so.

"What am I wearing?" I ask and he looked down at my attire before scrunching up his face in confusion.

"My shirt." He shrugged, finally seeing where this is going.

"How did I get in the shirt?" I gritted out, my teeth grinding against each other in pure anger. He matched it with an annoyed look on his face.

"Your dress just disappeared and it magically came on. How else do you think?" He fell back into bed and pulled the cover on his face. I huffed and took my pillow to smack him on his face.

"How dare you!" I used the pillow like a baseball bat on a cat burglar. The use of both my hands for full force led to even the chain moving around everywhere. Not nearly enough hits later, Ezra jumped and straddled me, pinning my hands on either side of my face. He then leaned in close and I held my breath as I caught the fire burning in his eyes.

"Can you just act like a normal person and be thankful you're out of that shittily tight dress and that your sore wrist, which you couldn't stop scratching the whole night, is taken care of and bandaged?!" He growled at me and I nodded furiously so I could get away from him as fast as possible. He looked at me for a minute longer before letting my hands go and then going back to his side of the bed.

I panted harshly and when my heart returned to its normal pace, I took the blanket over my body and stared at the ceiling. Only then did it hit me. This is the first time Ezra Copper showed he cared.

* * *

Wednesday, 02nd May. Day 2.

The sunlight hit my face and I grunted and pulled the blanket over my face. I could see why Ezra put thin curtains for the huge windows. The man must have never slept in in his entire life! This led me to think why he hasn't woken up yet. I pulled the comforter down slowly so as to not alarm him and look to my right. Ezra was still soundly sleeping in only his boxers, the comforter is just below his waist.

I couldn't help the smile on my face. This might just be the only time I get to look without him catching me. My eyes ran over his body, from his dark, mussy hair to his peaceful, angelic face and then down his hard, muscular chest, past his black boxers to the outline of his agile legs under the sheets. Damn. I feel every man I have ever seen fades in comparison to him. Okay, I haven't exactly been with many men to compare him to but I think the point is clear.

"Haven't satisfied yourself yet?" A male voice said which brought me back to reality. Crap. "Look at you go all red." He leaned in close and I held my breath. "Good morning, Tomato." He winked and I quickly looked the other way. I heard him chuckle and I mentally slapped myself.

"It's 8, why are you still sleeping?" I asked to change the topic and I'm glad when Ezra follows suit.

"I am taking the day off today; we are going to your workplace." He replied and my heart melted a little at the caring gesture. "Don't look too much into it. Your phone has calls and messages about late deliveries."