one

What Alexis Looks Like: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=90959647

Men fear death as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased with tales, so is the other.

Australia is a big place. Will I like it here? Will I settle in? Will I get bullied, like all the other placed I've lived in? Will I make any friends? Will I make any enemies? Will everyone hate me? Will I get into any fights? Will I go back to selective mutism?

A fresh start, Alexis. Deep breaths now... They have what you need...

I drive up to my new home.

28 Milverton Street, Campwell, Victoria, Australia.

It has a nice ring to it, I like it.

I carefully got out of the driver's seat and unlocked the front door. I closed it behind me and had a good look around. It's clean, tidy, empty, good condition. It'll need a paint job, but it could work. I walked back out to my van to started unloading my furniture. As I took out some of the lighter boxes, I noticed a boy with piercing green eyes from the house next door staring at me. Already, looks like I have an enemy. I haven't even moved in yet. I carried the boxes into the house and placed them in the middle of the largest room downstairs. I'll sort through them when I've got all the boxes in. As I went back for more, I noticed that the boy was standing on his porch, still staring. I was starting to get angry with the gawking.

'Can I help you?' I angrily spat in his direction. His eyes widened and he ran towards me.

'Hi, I'm Beau, would you like any help?' He asks, sheepishly. He was wearing completely different clothes to me. I was dressed like it was a heatwave, yet he was in jeans and a hoodie.

'uh, yeah, sure. I'll only need help with the furniture to be honest.' I said, handing him a few boxes.

'Hang on, I'll get some helpers,' he smiled, running back into his house. Weird. But he seems nice. At least I don't have to struggle by myself now. A few minutes later, the boy came back out with 2 other boys that looked like twins. This was going to be difficult.

'Does the damsel in distress need help with her furniture?' The twin with the curly hair exclaimed, dropping down on one knee with his hand out. I put my hand in his and he kissed it lightly. He got up, smoothing down his jeans and climbed into the back of the van.

'Hey! Not so hastey, curls!' I shouted, pulling him out of my van and shutting the door. All three boys looked at me in shock as I glared at them.

'Right... Lets get one thing sorted,' I began, looking at all of them. I exchanged my glare into a smile, 'I like exchanging pleasantries before I begin any task!' They all looked at me as if I was speaking Japanese.

'Exchanging pleasantries? Like giving you compliments or what?' The straight haired twin questioned. Looks like I had some explaining to do.

'Gosh, I apologise. In England that means to introduce ourselves.' I explained, nodding at them in turn.

'Oh! Well, you know I'm Beau.' Beau said, holding his hand out. I took it and shook it slightly.

'Jai.' The straight haired boy flashed a beautiful set of teeth.

'I'm Luke.' Curls smiled, bowing in front of me.

'And I'm Alexis, but you can call me Alex.' I smiled, waving slightly. The boys high fived me in turn and delved into my van, the twins picking up the 3 seater sofa and Beau picking up a couple of boxes. I picked one up too, walking next to Beau into my home.

'So, you're from England?' He asked, looking into my eyes. His eyes were so bright and they reflected off of his tanned skin.

'Yes, I've moved here for... for...' I trailed away, thinking quickly. Think of a different answer other than that. They don't need to know that yet.

'for?' Beau asked, looking at me with worry. I looked into the box I was carrying, desperately searching for an answer. Aha!

'Basketball.' I said, triumphantly, 'I've moved here for the BasketBall team. I'm kind of a pro.' A smug smile fell across my face.

'Well, I'll be coming to your games. And that's a fact.' And with that, he ran inside and placed my boxes on the floor with the others.

- - - 5 Hours Later - - -

By 7pm, we'd finished and everything was in the correct rooms. Jai, Luke and me flopped on the sofa with a satisfied sigh.

'Hey! Why don't you come over for dinner tonight? You probably won't have any food in your house, so...' Beau shuffled awkwardly on his feet.

'I'd love to.' I replied, smiling. I gave Luke, Jai and Beau a hug in turn.

'I'll get changed and meet you in half an hour,' I said to them, waving goodbye at the door. I ran upstairs into my new bedroom to pick out a dinner appropriate outfit.