Chapter 17 - Vault

Last chapter:

I woke up suddenly. I lifted my head up and slowly looked around. I loud siren was wailing. I looked around and saw a note written on an A4 piece of paper. It had been placed on my bedside table. It read:

Hey Liam

Hope your feeling better

You passed out in a hallway after the test with Dan

Libby patched up your forehead

Now get your ass out here and grab a fucking weapon cos the zombies are invading.

Sincerely, Becca.

PS: Don't panic, I restocked your mini-bar :)

--------------------

"Holy crap..." I muttered.

I reread the note. I reread it again.

And again.

AND again...

And again, again, again, again, again, again, again.

But every time I read it, it still said the same thing: the zombies are invading.

Mother f**king invading. Holy s**t.

I paced around the room, racking my brains for what I should do. Then I looked down. Mainly at what is was wearing. Or possibly the lack of what I was wearing, apart from one odd thing. One VERY odd thing. Very odd indeed.

Somehow, someone had stripped me, and put me in a pair of pink frilly knickers, and had taped a piece of paper to my chest.

It read something along the lines of: "Dickhead. I liked Dan you idiot."

I collected my thoughts and changed into some more masculine cloths, mainly lightweight combats, a black shirt and a black jacket. I thought it might be useful in the dark. And darker colours look good on me. Perfect mix.

***

I sauntered to the weapons room, whistling as I did. My left hand was in my pocket and my right hand was swing around the panties.

As I reached the vault, I noticed the door had been left open, so I didn't have to unlock it. I waltzed in to see Becca rummaging through a box of ammo.

"Excuse me madam," I said in an overly posh accent. Becca turned around and glared at me. "Excuse me madam, but are these frilly knickers yours?"

"Hey, give me those!" she steamed.

"And this?" I said, producing the message that was stuck to my chest from my pocket.

"Possibly." she retorted.

"Well then madam, if I am such a 'dickhead', then why did you feel the need to undress me and put your own knickers on me?"

"Ew!! I didn't do that, Tag did!" she said in disgust.

"Tag did what now?" I replied, taken aback.

"Tag's gay, so I asked him to." she stated, as if to a two year old, possibly with learning disabilities. I'm not gonna lie, the tone hurt.

"He's.." I started.

"Yes?"

"Nothing, just didn't expect him to be gay, is all. I'll stop talking now."

"That would be good." said Becca annoyed.

"One more thing, what was the note about?"

"Dan left me and got together with Helen, all because of you, you son of a bitch." She ended the sentence dripping with hate.

"So I'm guessing it'd be out of order if I asked you out?"

"Oh hell, of course it'd be 'out of order', I'd rather go out with Saul than you!"

Saul coughed from the doorway. Becca and I slowly turned our heads to him.

"Oh, Saul, um, hi." Becca said awkwardly.

"I've done worse." he said quickly. He turned to me. "Liam, grab a scorpion and a Smith and Wesson M19, and any extra stuff you can carry, not the big stuff though. We're saving that for when it's needed. Let's walk and I'll fill you in."

"That's a lot of orders for you, Saul. You sure you're feeling OK?" I said as he turned around.

"Now!"

"Yes sir."

I ran to the left side of the vault, and through the door labled 'Sub-machine Guns'. I picked up a scorpion, checked to see if it was loaded and grabbed some magazines. I strapped them to my belt, and sprinted through to the other end of the vault and through a door labled 'Handguns'. I grabbed an M19, and then ran through a third door, labled 'Explosives'.

The amount of explosives in this room still amazed me. They were hanging from every inch of wall or ceiling, leaving nothing bare but the floor, which was blacked from the accident of '96, where half the explosives exploded.

I grabbed some grenades, hooked them to my belt and ran back to Saul at the door of the vault.

"OK Saul, get me up to speed."

"Well, the zombies are attacking, and we need to kill them."

"And?"

"That's it, really."

"Oh, no shit, Sherlock. I could have worked that out easily."

"Calm down Liam, let's just keep a calm head." said Saul as Dan, Helen and Libby caught up with us, Becca trailing behind, trying to attach extra magazines to her belt. She was holding two Scorpions at the time, and had a knife in her mouth. It was quite something to watch.

As we reached the atrium, we came across Tag, and three of the adult soldiers.

So there we were, ten soldiers, with unnumbered zombies outside that wanted nothing better than to kill and possibly eat us.

Or possess us.

I'm not sure what they do any more.

So, as horribly outnumbered soldiers, what do we do?

"All ready?" asked Tag.

"Ready." said eight of us.

Becca finally managed to attach the extra magazines. "Ready."

"Ok, let's kick some sucking zombie ass!!" yelled Tag as he kicked open the door.

So many zombies past the fence trying to find a way in. A couple already had and were wondering around aimlessly. WERE wondering around aimlessly. Now they had a target.

"Let's roll." I said, and we opened fire.