Chapter 6 - Apocolypse Now

Who am I? Once the day is done and the dust rules the Earth. Once humanity is gone and cold is everywhere. Once life has been lost so long that no-one can remember what it is. Who am I then? Who am I? I am not that cockroach who hides under the rock. I am not the sorrowful earthworm or the obideant dog. Who am I? I am the survivor. I am the first and the last. I am the beginning and the end. I am the one and only hope. Hope, which has been lost for so long. Hope is now found. I am the only person who can lift up people again. I am... reborn.

----------------------

6 Months Earlier

'Well I'm not carrying it."

"But Saul, it's your turn!!" I shouted exasperatedly.

"Oh sut up, both of you. Your acting like kids." Yep, she was angry.

"Well, technically, we ARE kids, soo...."

"But.. Well.. I mean.. Shut up."

"Nice one Liam." said Saul.

"Wouldnt it be easier if we drove a car or something?" was the next question I asked after a few minutes of silent walking.

"Oh yea, and there'll just 'happen' to be a car with keys in the ignition. Right." retorted Becca.

"Well I know TV convinience, so shouldn't there be book convinience?" pointed out Saul.

I tried large Audi Q5. And just as Saul had said, book convinience existed. Wait, how do we know this is a book? I'm not sure. Well, I don't want to answer it. ............ Shut up!!

"Well can either of you drive?"

"I've played Test Drive Unlimited 2," (hence the car name) "and how different is it really?"

"Very." So yea, she pointed out the fact that I can't really drive a car. But at least I kinda know the gist of it. We all climbed inside the car. I was at the wheel, Becca was in the passenger seat and Saul was in the back.

"When am I gonna get a decent line?" he whined.

"Shut up. Dammit, I wish this car was automatic!"

"It is." Book convenience.

"Awesome. Now if I just reverse here.." I backed into a lamppost. "Oops, ok I'll just go forward.." I hit the car in front of me. "Oh screw this, I'll just turn." I turned the car into the street and started driving down the road. "Well now we're on our way-"

"Your going the wrong way,"

I made a hasty u-turn. "Well now we're on our way.. Dammit, I forgot what I was going to say!!"

"Best news I've heard in a long time."

"Just shut up."

"OK I will." she said as I turned the corner onto the junction and finally onto the highway.