Chapter 7

Rydel's POV

I sat in my room reading a book. Shocker right? It's one of my favorite books of all time. It doesn't even have chapters, it's Pewdiepie's book called This Book Loves You. I know what you're' thinking a gamer reading a gamers book? Really Rydel? But hear me out on this one. This book is hilarious no matter how many times I read this book i will always laugh. When I'm sad it makes me laugh. Then I wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that I not on the best of moods today. This whole Ratliff thing is killing me! What am I suppose to do? He's my brother. Another thing, He doesn't feel the same way. I'm just scared okay?

Knock knock

I shifted my head up from the book and looked at the door. I sighed and put the book down.

"Come in!" I yelled as the door opened.

The last person on earth I wanted to see right now.

"Hey El" I say as I pick back up my book.

"Hey Del!" He said as he sat on my bed.

He looked up and me and my book and furrowed it eyes.

"Why are you reading that?" He asked

I shrugged and continued reading. I let out small giggle as I read one of the quotes in the book.

"Rydel.." He said sitting next to me "Tell me"

"Ever had the feeling you liked someone maybe even loved?" I asked him placing my book next to me

"Yeah..." He replied

"Have you even liked someone so much that you couldn't hold it in and you wanted to tell the world but you didn't cause you scared of the outcome?" I asked him

He stared at me blankly but as if he wanted to hear more of what I had to rant about.

"It was like you could be with them but there was a big price to pay, being sent to jail. Or even be put it in a foster home or even-" I stopped dead in my tracks do to the fact that Ratliff straight kissed me. Right then and there. Of course I kissed back.

We just sat there looking at each other. I wanted to lean in so back right then and there, and it's exactly what I did. Our faces were so close it was unbearable. Until we finally kissed. Rydel Freakin Lynch is kissing her stepbrother!

we finally pulled away. No one said anything. Nothing. Zilch, Zero! Nada. What was there to be said? 'Sorry for kissing you?' Uh.......no!

I was about to speak when my phone went off. I answered in a flash, I couldn't bare the silence.

"Hello?" I said as I avoided making I contact with Ratliff who was standing awkwardly.

"Oh, please tell me Luna came home!" Vanessa yelled through the phone.

"Yes, Vanessa, A 7 year old child has walked away from a huge park, up a gigantic private mountain and managed to climb over the electric fence and magically appeared in the house" I said sarcastically.

"I don't have time for this! Someone took Luna!" She screamed.

I dropped my phone right then and there. As it shattered into a million pieces on the floor, I stood in complete shock.