Chapter 6- Disneyland

Beginning Author's Note

Okay guys I really wanted to post this chapter even though I asked for 20 reads and so far only have 17 on the chapter... AND I asked for 5 votes but have one. If you guys don't like this story or plot or certain things about the characters because I would really like to know. It's my job as a writer to take feedback and change my story for you guys to enjoy it a bit more and the only way I can do that is if you tell me what you don't like. Does it move too slow? I really need to know. So pleaaaaaaaaase I'm begging you, comment or inbox if you don't like it. And if you do, please vote. So without further ado, chapter 6:

~Chapter 6-Disneyland~

Disneyland was certainly the happiest place on Earth. Even as an 18 year old, I still enjoyed it like I was 8. The moment you walk into the park, wonderful memories flood back from all the great times you had here. That's what happened when I walked into the park.

Who cares that I was only coming here because I had a set up date with Harry? It was still Disneyland! And the fact that I haven't been here since before I moved back to California because of money issues made it all the more refreshingly happy.

Disneyland even has a distinct smell; it is like cotton candy, kettle corn, and happiness all mixed into one if that makes sense.

Nor have I ever seen one unhappy person here at Disneyland. I believe it's because once you walk through those clicky doors after showing the worker your ticket, it cleanses you of all anger you were holding coming in.

It even worked for me; being with Harry and showing off for the paparazzi weren't on the front of my mind anymore. So as Harry and I walked into the amusement park, I struck up a conversation just for the fun of it.

"How many times have you been here, Harry?" I questioned him, genuinely wanting to know his answer.

He turned his head to give me a strange look, wanting to know my sudden reason for talking to him. He still had a smile planted on his face for the paps but I could see behind it by now.

He answered the question anyway though. "Zero, this is my first."

I gasped. "You've never been to Disneyland before?! Or California Adventures?! You are a deprived child!"

What came out of his mouth next surprised me. He chuckled. He ACTUALLY chuckled. And for the first time being with Harry, the smile on my face was real.

Yaaaaa I know what you are thinking. Yes, I could be funny. Most of the time my humor consisted of sarcasm though.

I crossed my hand over my heart and changed my tone to one of taking a very serious oath.

"I take it as my honorary duty to guide you around Disneyland and California Adventures until you have fun and know every inch of every ride. I accept this honor willingly."

I finished with a bang, saluting, and Harry started laughing. His laugh was kind of nice actually. It was rough and low, but comforting, more comforting than the silence that usually hangs between us.

All of a sudden I grabbed his hand and intertwined his fingers with mine.

His face was one of utter and absolute shock. I quickly made up a reason.

"I saw a pap behind the tree over there." I sputtered out. His face relaxed but only as mine tensed up.

I lied.

I didn't actually see a pap. I don't know what came over me all of a sudden but it wouldn't happen again. I would make sure of it. Now that we were holding hands though and Harry thought it was for a pap, I couldn't just let go because he would definitely know something was up. So I played it cool and led him off to the first ride we would go on: the Enchanted Tiki Room in Adventureland, one of my favorites.