Chapter 2-What A Great Start of A First Date...

Chapter 2- What A Great Start of A First Date...

Emma's P.O.V.

Something awoke me from my uneasy sleep. My eyes fluttered open only to shut quickly from the intense bright light. I opened them slowly so they could adjust to my surroundings. I searched for the reason of not turning my lights out last night, finally remembering I couldn't sleep because I was too rattled about the deal I made with Olivia, one of One Direction's managers. I guess I still have time to back out, but I made my decision for a reason: because I wanted to keep it.

Chirping crickets interrupted my thoughts, them being the reason for my sudden awake. They alerted me I had a text message, so I glanced to my phone. It was Olivia. We exchanged numbers yesterday after our deal, then parted our separate ways.

Olivia: Debriefing today at 12. Don't be late.

I looked at my clock. Crap it's already 11. After throwing on a pair of camouflage jean shorts with turquoise high tops and a crop top with the words "Don't be a Hater" and doing my makeup I grabbed a banana and jumped in the car. I made my way towards Olivia's office in the center of the city, knowing it would take me at least 25 minutes for the drive. Neither of my parents were home luckily, they had all day jobs in the city. I still hadn't told them about what I agreed to. I was too afraid to hear their thoughts on the matter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being the lazy person I am, I opted for the elevator to go up the short thirty flights. Notice my sarcasm? Who would choose to walk up thirty flights of stairs... Eesh.

My hand turned the doorknob slowly, hoping I had found the right office. I peeked my head in to find Olivia sitting with her hands crossed at a glass table on the far side of the room, her mouth a thin straight line. Joining her was a man, slightly balding wearing gray suit.

I shuffled through the room, glancing at the furnishings on my way. There were several other glass tables around the room, some adorned with beautiful purple orchids, others with multicolored hydrangeas. A large chandelier hung above my head in the middle of the ceiling, intimidating me. I sat down in the leather chair across the table from Olivia and the lone man.

She glanced towards her watch. "Right on time with a minute to spare." I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding, letting air into my lungs.

"We have called you here just to go over our deal in a little more depth than yesterday to make sure we are clear. You will be paid a large sum of money, 8000 Euros a month, to date Harry. You must date him for a year and cannot break the deal before then. Or else, you can be sued for breaching a contract you are going to sign."

At this time, the balding man to Olivia's right opened his suede briefcase and took out a couple pages with minuscule writing on it and a pen.

She continued. "You must pretend to be romantically entangled with Harry Styles and make that clear to the press. You must do so WITHOUT becoming romantically involved with him in any way."

I snorted at this, thinking to myself. Like that would ever happen.

"You will go on dates we plan and clothes will be given to you for most of your outings with Harry. That about sums it up. Now we just need you to sign the contract and we will let you go back to your house." She held out the pen for me to take.

With a quick swish, the contract was signed and swished away back into the man's briefcase.

"Last thing. You have your first official date with Harry tonight and we are sending over your outfit later. He will pick you up at 6:40 and will take you out to eat. Are we clear?"

I nodded, accepting the date. I turned my back towards her, and started my way towards the door when she surprised me with one last thing. "Good luck." Not looking back, I left the building, started my beat car up and drove back to my house.

Several hours later our doorbell rang. My parents still weren't home so for now, I was off the hook. Opening the door I was surprised to find nobody there but clothes on a hanger, concealed under a plastic bag. Removing them from the door handle, I trudged up our stairs and began to get ready. It was about 3:00 so I decided to take my sweet time getting ready.

I started out with a long shower, rinsing myself off and washing my hair. I got out, put some music on and started dancing around in a towel. Don't ask me. I'm weird alright?

"We Can't Stop" by Miley Cyrus came on and this being one of my favorite songs, I belted it out and jumped around, singing into my hairbrush. Again, I'm not normal.

I dried my hair and took a look at the outfit picked out for me. I found myself quite liking it. It was a baby blue halter spaghetti strap dress with black buttons running down the front. A blue ribbon ran around the waist of the dress and it was low in the middle on the bottom of the dress in the front and back and higher on my sides.

It complimented my somewhat tan skin and brought out my green-blue eyes to the point of sparkles. For shoes, they gave me black pumps, plain, but ones that went with the style of the dress.

Next up: my makeup. I have never been one to put on loads of it on my face but I tend to put on just enough to give me an extra bounce in my step. After seeing and getting in my dress, I decided on a light blue eyeshadow with a little blue eyeliner and mascara. My hair being naturally wavy, I was content with my look.

My stomach churned at the thought of this date with Harry. I have to pretend to like him for a year so I might as well get this over with and see him again after all these years. I need the money.

*Flashback*

My hands fidgeted as I uneasily sat on the pastel couch in our living room. Sitting beside me, my mother and father shared a look of disappointment mixed with worry. I wish they would just spit it out already.

"Honey," my mom began, resting her hand on my knee. "We have bad news."

*End of Flashback*

I pushed away the flashback of yesterday, not wanting to remember it.

The alarm on my phone chirped, signaling me it was already 6:35. My my how time flies when you are having fun.

I grabbed my tan purse and phone and made my way downstairs to wait in the living room for Harry.

My head started to throb and I was unsure of the reason until it came to my attention that I had been clenching my teeth along with tapping my feet in anxiety. One more glance to the clock and it read 6:55. He is nearly fricken 20 minutes late! My thoughts seemed to queue the ringing of the doorbell and behind the door, Harry. I opened it with attitude plastered on the front of my face.

"You're late". A disgusted tone throbbed through my voice.

"My bad." His voice was dripping with sarcasm.

My head moved up and down as I scanned his body. He was tall and muscular and dressed in a black silk shirt, pants and shoes. He wasn't actually that bad looking, kind of handsome I'll admit; better looking than I remembered him; but that doesn't change the feelings of loathing I had for him.

"Whatever. Let's get this over with."

I finished.

"Whatever suits you, your highness," he emphasized the last two words, turned around, and strutted to his car.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

hey guys! soooo chapter 2 of DHGL tell me what you think! i absolutely loveee feedback! shoutout and dedication to @ harrys_sexy_curls for letting me kik her and giving me loads of great advice!! xx

Don't forget to comment and vote!! Just one simple click!

copyright 2013 © iluvenature