Chapter 4- Oh the Memories

~Chapter 4- Oh the Memories~

It is a sunny day in Cheshire. I have just woken up from a dreamless slumber at 8:00 because of an annoying beeping noise. It most certainly wasn't my alarm though because its Sunday...

My eyes wander to my phone, which apparently is where the beeping was coming from: 5 text messages and three missed calls. This can't be good... Unlocking my phone, my fingers and hands shake as I dial my mother's phone number.

"M-mom? Is everything alright?" Water droplets fill up my eyes and my voice quivered.

"Honey, no. You need to come home, right now." Her voice is shaking drastically and the words come out between sobs.

"Mom! Is everything okay?! What's going on?!" I scream into the phone, fear overrunning me.

My legs take me up from the couch and I start running towards the door but my foot becomes caught on the corner of the coffee table located in my flat. Crashing to the floor, sobs escape me. My fingers grope for my fallen keys a couple feet away and I launch myself towards the door. I HAVE to get home. I have to.

-----------------------------------

The car drives itself, swerving like a madman, or should I say madcar. It excels the speed limit far above what it should be. What can I say? I can't control myself. Fear, grief, worry... All these emotions pulse through me each with a different beat. Sirens blare behind me.

"Sh*t." I mumble and I turn the steering wheel to pull the car to the side.

A man in a navy blue police officer suit strolls up to the car window. "Mam, would you like to tell me why you were going 20 miles over the speed limit?

"I'm s-sorry, officer. I don't know what came over me." The hiccups come to me at this point and my words are barely audible. "I got a call from my phone and it scared me to death. She was crying and told me I had to get home immediately and I- I didn't know what to do!" I blubber on and on and I'm not sure he can understand me at all until his face turns stricken.

The cop immediately pulls his walkie-talkie to his mouth and begins talking into it. The words slip by me, I can't concentrate.

"Miss, can I give you a ride to your home? Something may be wrong and I would like permission to come check it out. I don't want you driving, it's too dangerous."

After agreeing wholeheartedly because I was so distressed and speedily driving to my home, I jump out of the car and sprint up the steps. The door swings open heavily upon my thrust. As my legs carry me forward through our hallway, my eyes spot my mom standing at our kitchen table talking to an unfamiliar man in a cop outfit with tears streaming down her face. I have barely reached her as I hold my arm out.

"Mom!"

(End of dream)

My eyes flew open and I adjusted to my surroundings. Beads of sweat covered my forehead and upper lip. My fingers brought themselves to my face to feel silent tears soaking into my skin. My hands and feet were clammy under the thin bed sheet that had lasted through my kicking. The thin shirt I had covering my body and my pj shorts clung to my body due to sweat.

A face popped in my room between the crack in the door and the wall. It was my mother's. She rushed to my bedside.

"Sweetie, are you okay?" Her hand stroked my hair as my body pulled itself up.

"I'm alright now mum, I just had another nightmare." My body involuntarily shuddered, as if it thought it could shake away the memory of that day and the ones after.

-------------------------------------

Author's Note

Hey peeps! So chapter four here for ya so enjoy! I hope you like the suspense!

Btw sorry about the short chapter but remember our deal! Shorter chapters faster updates!

And don't forget to vooooote and commeennntttt :)

Xx

iluvenature

copyright 2013 © iluvenature