Chapter 11-Conflicted Feelings and Consoled Hearts

~Chapter 11- Conflicted Feelings and Consoled Hearts~

CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP. The trilling of crickets woke me up from my sleep. The alarm clock read 9:53. My eyes wandered to my phone where the trilling cricket noises were coming from.

The screen was lit up with Olivia's name portrayed. I lazily rolled to my side and slid open my phone after entering the easy password.

Olivia- Be ready at noon. You, Harry, and the other lads of One Direction are going on a boat for the afternoon. There will be no paparazzi ON the boat but I still expect pictures at the end of the day. You may not cancel on this or will therefore be breaking the contract due to all the dates you have previously cancelled on. I've been nice long enough. 12 o'clock sharp. Bring a suit.

A deep groan reverberated up my throat. She really means it this time I could tell. There was no way I was getting out of this.

I wiped my crusty eyes. Tears from the night before had dried and all in all, I looked ghastly.

I had about two hours to get ready not only physically but emotionally as well. I had to face Harry and the other lads. Should be interesting.

I took a long, hot shower and made sure to shave my legs considering I don't want to look like a man... Awkward. After drying my hair, I brushed it out so it was in long waves. I applied waterproof mascara and a little eyeliner. I also added a bit of waterproof concealer to disguise the light -but growing darker- bags under my eyes.

Next up: clothes. I decided on a bikini with puka shells on the top. It had a pink background and a tan beachy pattern over it. (I totally suck at describing soooo sorry).

On top of the bikini, I wore a flowy salmon swim coverup with a pattern over the chest. (Again, sorry for my bad description). I grabbed a pair of white rope sandles to complete the look. My phone buzzed and chirped, telling me I'd received another text.

Harry- Ill be there in 10 to pick you up. The boys are late so we will go back to grab them.

I hastily texted him back, not wanting to have to be with him alone.

Me- No. Ill meet you at your flat in 20 minutes.

After sending it, I realized it had been a bit brash but it was too late now.

I shuffled around our house grabbing some shades, a beach towel, sunscreen, and a bag to put it all in.

Checking the time on my phone, I looked at the numbers I dreaded to see. Time to face Harry.

-------------------------------------

My mind floated away from my body as somehow my feet carried me to the door of Harry's flat. My hand knocked then brought itself back to fidget with my other hand at my side. Liam answered the door and I automatically let out a sigh of relief.

Liam's face was a bit puzzled sending me to the conclusion I had actually sighed out loud. "I-er was so thirsty. I just couldn't wait for someone to open the door so I could get a drink." I stumbled out a quick reason. Liam followed it with a "humph" then gestured me into Harry's house and closed the door behind me like a gentleman.

"I'll get you a drink, my thirsty lady." He chuckled and headed towards the kitchen for my water.

Harry wandered from his room around the corner to come to the surprise that I'd arrived. He must not have heard the knock. "Er-hello Harry. Nice to see you." I awkwardly stated, not sure what to say.

"Hello, Emma. Same to you." Harry pulled a response.

"Sorry about not being able to make it to the other scheduled outings," (I liked to use that word instead of date because it made me feel better subconsciously about the situation.) "My parents love family activities..." I trailed off hoping he wouldn't ask me to explain further. My wish was granted as he laid down on the couch and flipped on the TV.