Chapter 23 - Ohio

"I can't believe we're finally here! Like, it took ages!" Sky smiled excitedly while Liam was carrying all their luggage just outside his uncle's door.

"Kids! I've been expecting you! Lovely!" A short, smiley, kind man opened the door with open arms welcoming Sky and Liam.

Sky smiled back at him, introducing herself by shaking his hand and Liam gave him an I-haven't-seen-you-in-so-long hug.

"You really did expect us?" Sky asked, all smiley trying not to seem rude for asking that. Really, she didn't know how he 'expected' them. She thought they'd arranged not to tell anyone.

"Yes, yes, I did. Liam called me long before you started your trip, young lady." The old smiling man nodded at her, smiling sweetly.

Liam's uncle helped him with the few bags of theirs by carrying them inside and Sky found some time to chat with Liam about that issue. "I can't believe you let him know!"

"Of course I would. I had to make sure we'd have a place to stay. I couldn't just let us come all they way here without being certain that there's a place for us to stay." He spoke those words as if it was way too normal to do that. Sky was fine with it but she was upset only by the fact that they could have been stopped.

"And how did you know that your uncle wouldn't tell your father?" Sky asked all confused since Liam hadn't mentioned anything during the whole ride.

"Because I trust him, okay? He wouldn't give us away like that." Liam confessed and Sky rolled her eyes. "Fine, don't talk like we're convicts or something. Jeez." Liam laughed at her comment and walked inside the house with her.

"You'll love it here, I promise." Liam gave her a sweet kiss on the cheek before wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"I know. I would love it anywhere with you." Sky rested her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes softly because she was exhausted after the very long trip.

"I love you." Liam placed a kiss on her head before resting his head on hers.

It was the very first time he said that and Sky was happy about it but she was so tired she hardly had the strength to reply back and let him know that even though it's early and they probably shouldn't say that, she loved him too.

"Let's get you some sleep, okay?" Liam led her to their now bedroom and help her lay down on the bed carefully. She had already half closed her eyes when Liam covered her with a light blanket and kissed her.

"What about you?" She mumbled with her tired voice, while she was watching Liam with the corner of her eye.

"Me, well, uh, I..." Liam mumbled, unsure of what he'd do.

"Sleep next to me, please."

Liam nodded and went over to lie down behind her and cuddle her tightly. That was what he wanted to do from the start. He was so happy for some reason although he had just left back his family and pack; his best friends. There was something about Sky that made him feel secure and like he belonged next to her. Nothing else mattered when they were together. He was sure he would miss being with family and more importantly, his pack since he left back his Alpha but he knew they could make it without him and he also knew he would make it without them.

Sky closed her eyes and started drifting off to a peaceful nap while Liam was cuddling her warmly. His strong arms were holding her waist tightly and close to his body, warming her up. He had buried his face in her neck getting all puppy like. Sky smiled at the idea of him looking like a cute, fluffy puppy with the way that he was cuddling her. She intertwined her fingers with his, holding his hand up to her chest as he wrapped his legs in between hers. It was the best cuddle ever for Sky and after so long, she felt safe and peaceful. Next to Liam, her whole world seemed peaceful, something that had never happened before. She didn't understand how everyone would call him 'the beta with anger issues', she found him adorable. He always was calm around her and protective enough. Truth is that there were moments when he got angry quickly like back then with Theo but Sky found that cute. And he looked really hot too when he was angry.

Sky would always think and think until she was dead sleeping and although she was tired, her mind wouldn't stop talking. She couldn't stop thinking about their runaway and how everything would change. It's a whole new start for them. Maybe they're too young for that? Maybe they should just stay in Beacon Hills and face the consequences? Her parents would possibly move away with her again and she would never see Liam ever again. She would go to a new school, make new friends...a whole new start. But no. She didn't want to. She didn't want to move away with her family once again and try to fit in and all those annoying situations all over again. Sky would rather be running away with Liam and starting a new life next to him rather than moving away, starting over and not being able to let go off Beacon Hills and its creatures. Besides, Beacon Hills is something that will haunt her forever, she already could tell. She knew how drawn she was there and that sometime, she would stop fighting that drawing feeling.