Chapter 18 - Was it him?

It's been a week since Sky last talked to Liam after their short argument about Liam kissing Sky and leaving accidental marks on her body. Sky avoided him as much as she could during school time and she had noticed that he was trying to keep away from her, not to make her any more uncomfortable. She did not have much time to spend with Theo either, though, since school was consuming much of her free time. But that was a good thing for her who didn't know how would she explain the biting marks to Theo.

Although it's been a week, the marks did not heal much. The ones on her waist were definitely less obvious than the one on her neck. She had spent the whole week wearing scarfs or zipping her jacket neck high so that it wouldn't be visible.

The bell rang and it got Sky out of her thoughts. She had a free period now and chose to spend some time in the library again. This time she wanted to search possible reasons for her body not being able to heal. Of course, she doubted there would be books for supernatural creatures but she could surely use the Internet.

Sky's quick steps were getting ignored by almost everyone as she walked passed by them to reach her destination. As she thought she'd finally get some time for herself and maybe even get an answer to why she wasn't healing, she didn't pay attention to if anyone was following her or watching her. Most of the students were now in their classes, except for the ones that were on their free periods.

The library was usually crowded and Sky immediately found an empty table where she could sit and do her research. As she typed the words "werewolves's healing system" and waited for results, Theo walked beside her and made her jump out of surprise.

"What's my baby doing?" Theo asked all smiley while Sky pressed the lock button on her phone instantly after placing it on the table.

"I'm doing very well, what about you?" Sky half faked a smile quickly as she watched Theo sit down, next to her.

"I'm fine, too." He smiled before laying a soft kiss on Sky's cheek which made her feel bad about what had happened between her and Liam.

"Is everything okay?" Theo could not only feel the way she felt, he could even smell her feelings.

Sky shook her head in response and pressed a small smile on her lips, attempting to assure Theo that everything was normal.

"You know, you can tell me anything." Theo sat a bit closer to her, worried about her. He held her hand in his and gave her a warm smile making her realise how much her cared and how supportive he was towards her.

Theo never seemed like a guy who could be like that but surprisingly, he was. He was treating Sky like his unique, precious, little stone and every time she was down, he had already figured. Maybe he was always like that or maybe he had changed for her. Maybe his behavior was only this good for Sky.

"It's nothing, I promise." Sky sighed while Theo was looking deep in her eyes, not quite believing her.

"Hm, fine. As you say." Theo flashed a smile and pretended to believe Sky who was hiding something from him.

"What's up with you zipping your jacket to your chin though!? It's freaking hot in here!" Theo exclaimed as his hands unzipped Sky's jacket before she could even speak for herself.

"There you g-" Theo was cut off by the view of the mark on his girl's neck. It literally froze him in his seat. He couldn't figure out what was more terrifying; the fact that she couldn't heal or that someone else had done this to her?

Sky closed her eyes once she saw Theo's eyes scan her bitten neck and prayed hard for some good enough excuse to pop in her mind. Her anxiety filled the room more than her perfume and although she knew what would follow, she was hoping nothing bad would happen.