Chapter 1 - I'm sorry we have to.

Sky was peacefully sleeping on Friday morning when a loud bang on the door woke her up. ''What the...?'' She mumbled as she had half-gotten up. ''Wake up,sleepyhead,we have to go to school!'' she heard someone yelling. It was her brother,Nathaniel. ''Fine,I'll be ready in five minutes!'' Sky yelled back at him as she unwillingly got up and rushed to the bathroom.

Sky started brushing herteeth and after that, she went to her bedroom and started getting dressed. Shewas never the kind of person who would use much makeup and that was somethingthat gained her time. She decided to wear simple blue jeans and a dark blueshirt accompanied by her Nike shoes. It wasn't cold that day so she didn't haveto take her jacket with her.

''Ready yet?'' Sky heard Nate say. She rolled her eyes before answering ''Yes,I am.'' and getting out of her room. Her brother was right there,all ready,waiting for Sky to give him a lift to school. Sky couldn't help but get annoyed. ''Can you please explain to me how is it possible to have such energy for school?'' Sky asked Nate before passing him by to grab her school's bag and her car keys.

''Good morning,sweetie.'' Sky heard her mom say.

''Good morning,mom!'' Skye said back and pressed a smile against her lips. ''I'm sorry,I won't take breakfast today,we'll be late again.'' Sky frowned.

''Oh,it's okay honey. I hope you won't get hungry later though.'' Emily stated.

''Don't worry,mom. I'll be okay.'' Sky flashed another smile before heading out following her brother who had already left the house and waited outside Sky's car.

Sky drove a matte black modern Jeep which her father had recently bought for her birthday. She unlocked the car,got in the driver's seat and once Nate got in the passenger's seat,she started the car and headed to the school.

She loved living in Los Angeles but never really liked that school because she could never fit it. She did have a few friends but none of them was a real one. Unlike her brother,she wasn't popular. Sky always preferred being another quiet student because that was the only way of avoiding drama.

In less than ten minutes,they arrived to the school. Sky stopped the car in front of her brother's friends and let him there while she searched for a place to park her car. Once she did,she got out of it,locked it and looked in the crowd for her friends.

''Sky! Over here!'' She heard a friend of hers saying.

''Oh,hey'' Skye approached her friends and started chatting with them until they went separate ways to their classes.

This day ended sooner than Sky expected and she was happy that it was over. She and her brother soon got back home and for an unknown reason, both of their parents were waiting for them.

''What's going on?'' Nate asked.

''Sky..Nate..'' Their mother started saying with a sad but understanding tone.

Whenever their mother started talking like that,they knew that something was wrong. Terribly wrong.

Emily continued ''I know that you like it here but..'' she stopped for a moment and their father completed her sentence ''But we have to leave. I get transferred to Beacon Hills,California. We're leaving tomorrow morning.''

Sky froze. She was speechless, confused. She felt like she had so many things to say but there were no words coming out. Her mind was full of questions. 'What? Are they serious? No,this can't be happening..'.

But then again,maybe she could fit in Beacon Hills more than L.A.

''Mom..'' Sky said. ''Do we have to go?'' She asked to make sure that it is really happening. Emily thought that Sky wasn't happy about that and said '' I'm sorry,we have to.''

Sky hugged her mother and smiled widely ''This is amazing!'' Emily hugged her daughter back ''Wow,Sky,I wasn't expecting this!''

Skye immediately rushed to her bedroom to get all her stuff packed. Finally, something big was happening.