Chapter 19

Jacob's POV

The minute I saw Angel's body fall my wolf and I were seeing red. She shifted back into human as she laid there unconscious.

I began to attack every wolf I see, ending the life of 10 in 30 seconds. I was conscious enough to not attack the pack members. I looked around and found only dead wolves drenched in blood around me.

Out of the blue, I was attacked from the back. I lunged at him and started to sink my claws in his sides. He flipped us both and pinned me down and was about to bite my neck when he was attacked by a brown wolf.

The brown wolf sunk its teeth in his neck and ended his life. 

The wolf went behind a tree and shifted coming out in some shorts.

It was Jason.

Looks like he was saying the truth.

I quickly shifted and put on some shorts then went over to my Angel.

I pick her up bridal style and dashed towards the pack house. I ran into the pack doctor's office quickly and kept her down on the bed.

The doctor came in and started to check for her pulse and her breathing. She kept a needle into her wrist and putting tubes to help her breathe. She cleaned and stitched her shoulder and bandaged it.

"Will she be okay?" I asked.

"Yes she will be fine; however, she won't be waking until three or four days- a week at the longest-as her wounds will take long to heal and she hit her head hard when she fainted." she told me.

"Alright thank you." I said and she bowed in respect and headed out.

Suddenly, Angel's brothers rushed in.

"How is she?" Tyler asked.

"The doctor said she will be ok but, she won't wake up for a while." I said.

 I sat down on the seat beside her bed and took hold of her hand. This is all my fault. I should have taken better care of her and protected her. 

~~~~~~~~~

Five hours passed of me just staring at my angel. Her face was slightly pale and her lips were in a thin line. Her breathing was steady and so was her heart beat.

"Jacob you should go home and rest. I'll keep an eye over her." said Tyler.

"No it's ok. I wanna be beside her the whole time." I said as I moved a strand of hair from her face and kept it behind her ear. 

I softly moved my thumb over her cheek. Her skin was so soft and delicate. She was very fragile right now and I had to be careful with her.

 "Please come back to me." I whispered to her even though I knew she couldn't hear me.

I placed a lingering kiss on her forehead before finding myself falling asleep on the chair as I was sitting.

~~~~~~~~~

 *4 Days later*

Angel's POV

I was surrounded by pitch black darkness. The only sound I could hear was a beeping. I could feel sparks all over my right hand.

I started opening my eyes to be welcomed by a bright white light. I closed my eyes from the intensity then tried again. My eyes slowly fluttered open and I took in my surrounding. I looked to my right and found Jacob asleep as he held onto my hand tightly.

"J-Jacob." I said my voice hoarse as my throat was dry.

His eyes immediately flew open and landed on me.