Chapter 17

Recap:

"Oh Angel. You are too naive. You should never trust a stranger." he said before hitting me in the neck and before I knew it, darkness consumed me.

*~*~*~*

Jacob's POV

There were too many rogues. Myself, Angel's brothers and a few of the pack warriors were attacking them. Biting their necks and tearing them to shreds. I told them to keep one so we can question it later. We were finally done and have captured one of the rogues. I went behind a tree and shifted then put on some clothes. I felt a sudden sting in my neck.

"Mate. Must save mate." said my wolf

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Mate's hurt. We need to save mate." he replied.

With that being said, I started running through the woods followed by everyone. I reached the pack house and quickly went in. 

"Where's Angel?" I asked Sophia.

"Don't you know? I mean you send someone to take her." she said in a duh tone.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Hold on. What do you mean what I'm talking about? What are you talking about?" she asked.

"Please explain." I said.

"Some guy came and told Angel that he was sent by you to take her to your pack house and keep her safe." she said.

"I never did such a thing." I said.

"Oh no. The rogue attack was a distraction to keep you away from her." she said.

Anger and worry filled me.

"Take the rogue to the cells immediately and chain him." I said in Alpha tone.

I walked with her brothers behind me and entered the cells to find the rogue in human form.

"Where the hell did you take Angel?" I snapped.

"Oh hello Alpha Jacob. How's your little mate doing?" said the rogue smirking.

"You better tell me where they took her." I said menacingly.

"I don't know." he lied.

Right now I was shaking with anger and I knew my wolf was struggling to take over and rip this guy’s throat apart. 

I stormed out of there and into the forest. I needed to calm myself down though the only person who could calm me down was Angel and she's not here. God I was so stupid to leave her.

Angel's POV

I woke up to find myself in some cell. Bars were in front of me and I was tied with chains. I tried to shift but couldn't. I guess the chains were made of silver. I tried the mind link but that wouldn't work either. 

I started to take in my surrounding. The walls were dull and lifeless. You could see cobwebs at the corner and I might have noticed the presence of a rat. 

God why am I so stupid?

I looked around to see if there was a window or an exit I could escape through. I didn't find anything. 

I heard some footsteps then the door opened revealing a huge man. He was tall and well-built with a small scar visible on his left cheek. He was a bit handsome but nothing compared to my mate.

"You got that right." said my wolf.

"You're still with me." I exclaimed happily.