XXIII

Two more tally marks on the wall. Sixteen days of torture and no one has found us. I've thought about hanging myself with the rope that used to lie on the floor that I was hanging on by my wrists, but there's no way to do it and I don't want to leave Jamison here all alone to suffer. I lie in the corner as Jamison still hangs the by his arms. He's been there for almost three days now and he's scrawnier then ever. I feed him the scraps I get from Kyle because Kyle doesn't feed him. He just left him up there to die. I've tried getting him down but I'm too short to untie him. 

Kyle walks in with his head held high, anger flushing his eyes.. He takes out a knife and panic washes through me when he walks to Jamison. Is he going to kill Jamison right in front of my eyes? Would he make me watch as he cuts slowly and deeply into his body, blood gushing out of the wound? Instead of cutting Jamison, he cuts the rope and Jamison falls to the floor. "We need to move." He says walking away, expecting us to follow. He realizes we aren't coming. Move? Why? Did the search party locate us? What about mom- she must think we're dead by now. I could see my parents there in their room, Mom crying, telling him that we're no longer alive no matter how hard she doesn't want to believe it. Dad trying to comfort her, trying to assure her we'll be home once and for all. He groans and takes four pills out of his pocket. Is he trying to drug us just so we follow him? Or are they sleeping pills so we don't know where we're going? Whatever they are, he forces us to swallow them.

"I said, we need to move. Now." He says more sternly. Jamison and I don't dare to ask him questions, so we follow him and do as told. "Alexx and Jason have picked a place way farther from town so no one will find your dead bodies." A smile spread across his face. Why is he even telling us this information? To scare us? To teach us a lesson- or just teach me a lesson? That stops me dead in my tracks. Our dead bodies? Why can't he just kill us here and drive our bodies far away? Or how about not killing us at all?

When the bright sunlight hits my body, it almost burns and it's like if I open my eyes, then they just shrivel up. I look around to take in my surroundings, just in case we make it out of here and they ask me where he held us hostage. All the grass is long and brown-ish yellow. There's a couple of dead trees and a dirt road. The house is a two story, washed over with dirt colored brown. Like the wind carried the dirt up and stuck to the house like a magnet. Before we get in the car, I get the licence plate number. 6021 HLN Just for future references.

When we open the doors, I hear a loud male voice say, "Stop! You're under a rest!" I look back and happiness and hope bubbles inside of me. They found us, we're safe. How will mom and dad react? Will they die from happiness? I would.