VI

I decide to go to a park in Caro, just so the police can't find me. I walked from Pinconning to Caro, and I think it was the most exhausting thing I've ever done in my life. I make sure to turn off my location on my phone so nobody can track me down. I sit on the merry-go-round and create a group chat on messenger.

JAMISON, ALEXX, BLAINE, MERI, LAINNA

Lainna- hey guys. i'm sorry you're probably worried about me.

Jamison- yeah! where are you?!

Alexx- yeah, where are you? we've been out looking everywhere for you! 

Lainna- do you promise not to tell anyone? if you tell mom, dad, the police or anyone where i'm at, i will never show up again. you've been warned. 

Meri- we promise, just please tell us where you're at. we're worried sick about you.

Lainna- i'm at caro.

Blaine- caro?! how did you even walk that far when you can't even get off the couch to go pee?!

Alexx- lol

Jamison- come on guys, now's not the time to joke around. 

Lainna- thank you, jamison. i don't know. can you guys come here though? i have something to tell you.

Alexx- no.

Lainna- why not? give me three good reasons.

Alexx- 1). it's an hour away 2). do you really think we're gonna drive that far just for you to tell us something that you could text? 3). i'm not driving an hour away for you to tell us something.

Lainna- fair enough

Meri- are you gonna tell us now?

Lainna is typing...

Blaine- it's said that for ten minutes now. should we go down there and check on her? 

Alexx- no. this is her problem and she's just dragging us into it. 

Jamison- what happened to the pledge we made when we were eight? 'I pledge to always help out a friend no matter what the situation is. I will never hide any secrets, nor tell our secrets. I promise to always be there for a friend even during hard times.' she could be reading this right now, wondering if anybody is actually going to help her. she's struggled with this her whole life, and now it's up to us to be true friends and help her out like she helps us and listen to her. why can't you guys understand that?!

Meri has left the group chat.

Blaine has left the group chat.

Alexx- fine. lainna, what do you have to say?

Lainna- i get it. you guys are giving up on me after all these years. i understand. but you won't believe me when i say this, in fact, nobody will; the thing that we encountered when we were playing the ouija board is haunting me. i know i must sound crazy, but it's true. it's all true! i went to the old hang out spot and they were there. it's like they knew i was coming. for some odd reason, i wasn't even scared of them, and they weren't scared of me. but when i tried to take a picture of them, they disappeared and got mad. they started attacking me, so i ran away and ended up here.

Alexx- i don't believe a single word.

Jamison- Alexis!

Alexx- what? i don't. i am not going to be friends with someone who wants attention for stupid reasons. Lainna, you know what you can do for all of us? die. just go on and kill yourself. it'd be better for all of us.

Jamison- we're done alexis. 

Alexx- good.

Alexx has left the group chat.

Jamison- belly, don't listen to them or her. she was never a good friend anyways, and we all know that. i never loved her, and she never loved me. she wanted to date me just to make you jealous. i love you and only you. i always had and you know that. i understand if you don't feel the same. 

By now, I'm in tears. I can't believe Alexx said those words to me, although I have heard her say them to other people before. I start to walk back to Pinconning. Back to Jason and Jamison, but also my demons. I feel the same towards Jamie, but I also like Jase. I wish I had friends who could help me out and cared. They all have better things to do then worrying about me, and I suddenly felt the same towards them. I text Jamie. 

Lainna- I feel the same towards you. but we won't see each other again for awhile. we'll meet again my friend. I love you.

I send it and the tears keep pouring down my face. I feel so bad for Jamison, but I hope he understands, this is for his own health, and maybe mine too.