XXI

His tall, dark, scary figure stands in the doorway, his shadow is lean and long on the floor with the whip in one hand and what looks like a rope in another. Before he walked in, I added another tally mark on the wall for another day of torture. Fourteen. Has he done this before- kidnap women, children, and men? Are we the first? He seems like he knows what to do all too well. Like he's been practicing for these days when he finally has control. I wonder if he's ever beaten Nick, made him help torture past slaves. Probably not, but I could be wrong. I've seemed to be wrong this whole time. 

Kyle comes into the room, looking intimidating. He's in my nightmares ever night. Jamison has to wake me up every night before I scare myself to death. I look behind Kyle and see I was wrong, once again. Nick walks into the room with a smug look on his face, like he's proud, which makes me feel sick. Like father, like son. 

When Kyle sees my expression, he becomes giddy, a smile tugs on his lips, but he hides it well. Only the corners of his mouth twitch. Disgusting. Tears starts to fall as I look at Nick. He looks exactly like his messed up father. I whip in one hand, a rope in the other. The same look on his face, the same person. Kyle grabs my ankle when I start to shake my head and back away. He yanks my body forward and Nick does the same to Jamison, only he grabs his wrist. Jamison fights back against Nick because he's smaller and weaker. Jamison gets free and starts running. 

"Run Jamison! Run!" I scream with tears pouring down my face. Kyle ties me up quickly and runs out of the room after Jamison. "Run." I say weakly, falling to my knees. Nick lies on the floor panting and I have no sympathy for him. I watch Jamison run and all I hope is for him to escape, to go get help. Jamison makes it out of the room, but Kyle's body jumps on Jamison's and all the hope I had fades away. All I can see and watch are Kyle's fists flying in the air, colliding with Jamison's body. After he's done beating him, he drags him back into the room, ties his hands together and hangs him from the ceiling. 

Jamison squeezes his eyes shut and bites his lip in pain. I watch him hang there and I want to kill Kyle, who's responsible for all of this. I've never felt like this, trapped in these four walls that fell like they're closing in while I'm full of anger. There's no way to let it out, but to scream, so I do. "You son of a bitch! Let us go!" My throat hurts and my voice is scratchy. But I'll keep fighting until I no longer have the strength to keep going. 

His eyes turn colder than they already are and he walks towards me with the whip in his hand. He throws his arm back and hits me. I scream and my back arches. It feels like salt being poured into an open wound. He whips me some more and starts to choke me. My lungs start to burn and I can feel all my blood in my face. Tears start to well up in my eyes as he yells at me. I gasp for air as he squeezes my neck with his rather large hand. "You're mine now, bitch." He spits. "And you will never disrespect me like that again. You understand?" He yells in my face. I try to speak but I can't, not even a nod. The edge of me vision goes black and he finally let's go. 

My lungs scream for air as I gasp and hold my neck. He ties the rope tighter around my wrists and drags me next to Jamison. He ties the rope on the ceiling and I hang next to Jamison. I groan in pain and try to hold back tears. Nick watches silently, taking mental notes to be just like his insane father. Kyle takes the whip and whips Jamison. He doesn't even flinch. It's like he's used to it, but I wouldn't blame him. I've only been whipped a few times, but Jamison is whipped everyday. Nick follows his father's lead and whips me. He whips way harder than Kyle. A crying sound escapes from me and my vision goes blurry.

As our scrawny, almost weightless bodies hang from the ceiling, I wish for one thing and I wish it happens soon. I hope he kills me soon so I no longer need to feel this pain and this torture.