VIII

-Lainna-

I was walking through the house --like always-- and there become a sudden tapping on my front door. This startled me and stopped me in my tracks. My heart started racing, I started shaking, and all I could think was, "They found me. After all this time they found me and I'm going to be in deep trouble with everybody. " I can't let them know I'm here. I can't show myself.

I decided to walk as quietly as I could to the door, but the floor boards creek. I squeeze my eyes shut and bite my lip. "Lainna?!" I hear a faint male voice say on the other side of the door. My heart races faster and faster. Could it be? Could it really be? I run to the door and look out the peephole. My heart pounds with joy and I feel a smile come across my face. I unlock all fifteen locks and swing the door open, a smile plastered on my face. Jamison's head snaps up and a wild smile comes across his face. I've always loved that smile.

"I heard you ran away from everyone because no one believed you." He says to me with those big blue eyes staring at me. I felt a bit ashamed, running away from him. He could've helped me. I don't know how, but he could've. He's Jamison. He can find ways to make things better. That's what I like most about him. I can't believe he found me.

"Yeah, but how did you know I would be here?" I whisper, finally replying. It's weird hearing my voice again. I haven't talked since I've left. It hurt my throat, but I ignored it.

"I knew you would be here because I know you like the back of my hand." He replies with that one dimple grin. I still can't believe he found me. I thought he gave up, that everybody gave up on searching for me. He never lost hope, which is another thing I like about him. He never gives up until he does it.

"You..you couldn't possibly know me that well, could you?" I ask, my voice becoming more audible, trembling. I'm never scared in front of him. Why am I suddenly scared now? What if I seem like a different person to him? Would he still love me the same? Would he still love me at all?

"I know you more than you know yourself." He says like it's common sense, and it is. I know he knows me. I wanted to give him a hard time. He smiles at me and kisses me. It was shocking, but a good kind of shocking. I feel the weight of the world lift off my shoulders, like I could finally be me. The happy person I used to be. He answered all my questions with just that one simple kiss.

"Are you ever going to come back?" He asks after we're done. My smile fades from my face and I look down at the ground. At my socks and his shoes. 

"I'm...not sure." I say quietly. He lifts my chin up and looks me in the eyes. His eyes are red, like he was crying. That made me want to cry.

"Please, Lainna," He says with his pleading blue eyes staring deep into my soul. "Please come back."