XVI

The next day, I got another with no address from Kyle. It's creepy how he knows my address, but I can't know his. I'm starting to wonder if he followed us home....

This letter scared me more than the last one. I reread the letter over again and a teardrop falls from my cheek onto the paper. I try to hold them in, but my vision blurs and the lump in my throat hurts. I just let them spill over my face. Jamison rushes to me and cradles me in his arms. I keep the letter open and keep rereading the first line over and over again until my eyes are swelled shut. 

4/28/16
Dear Lainna Belle Marie Jones,

I saw you got my letter, and don't worry, there will be many more after this one. I'm so happy things are going as planned, aren't you? It feels nice to talk to you again, my beautiful princess. We will soon see each other again, don't you worry. You'll be safe again once you're with me and Nick. You'll see. 

I love you, beautiful girl,

Daddy.😊💙

The thought of seeing and talking to him makes me sick. I crumple up the letter and throw it in the waste basket along with the other one. The only way he could figure out where I live is if he followed me, and when he said that he saw that I got his letter, scares me even more. One of these days he could kidnap me. I try to shake the thought away with thinking about something else, but nothing comes to mind.

Jamison holds me tight in his arms, I put my head in the crook of his neck. "Don't worry, Bells. I'll keep you away from harm. From whatever bad things that awaits us in the future. I will protect you, okay?" he says, his voice comforts me and my body relaxes when he kisses the side of my head. His words bounce around in my mind. 

I will protect you...

What will await us in the future? A marriage? Two beautiful children? Or kidnappings and torture? Never seeing my family again? Death or life?