XIX

"Okay guys, remember the rules. Be safe, we might be back around midnight. Love you, be safe." Mom says, hugging both of us, kissing me on the top f the head. They're having a night out, as I suppose a way to get things off their mind and get drunk. Typical of them. I playfully roll my eyes. "Yes, mom. I know. We'll be safe, I have Jamison." I look at him and nudge him a little. He smiles at me, then at my parents. 

"Yeah. Don't worry, I'll keep her safe." he says. I'm so glad mom and dad trust him so well now. Mom smiles at us. "Awe, you two are so cute. Okay, off we go." Mom says walking out the door with dad. What she said makes my cheeks flush a bright red. "Bye! Love you!" Mom yells as she closes the door. Once the coast is clear, we run to my room and shut the door, locking it wearing big smiles on our faces. We're full of life. 

He starts to kiss me slowly, but I break away. He frowns, and I smile."Not right now." I say and yawn. He smiles now and brushes his lips against mine. "Oh, I see. You don't....love me?" he says, with every word brushing against my lips and into my lungs. I playfully roll my eyes. "I never said that." I say, my lips now brushing against his. I fill the tiny little gap between us, our lips colliding. We pull apart and I keep my eyes closed, smiling. He rests his lips on my forehead. 

I open my eyes and that's when I see it, or should I say him, stalking in my room through the window. My heart beat quickens as he puts his pointer finger up to his lips and moves away from the window. His dark eyes sinking into my soul like water sinking into dirt. I feel like my insides are being compacted together and trying to suffocate me, so my breath hitches. I hope Jamison didn't notice. He pulls back and gives me a worried look, which makes my heart only pound harder in my ears. 

"Is everything okay?" he asks and I almost want to shout in his face, "does it look like everything is okay?!" but I don't. I decide to hold back my fury because there's no reason why I should let it out on him. He didn't do anything wrong, this is what Kyle wants to happen. He wants to scare us and break us apart. I know how he is. But I smile at him instead, a reassuring smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was trying to hold back a yawn. That's all." I hope I sound convincing, but he doesn't seem like he believes me. He raises his eyebrows. "So are you trying to tell me you're tired?" he guesses and my heart relaxes a bit. "Exactly." I say, then he looks a little disappointed. I furrow my eyebrows. "What? Were you hoping I wasn't going to say that?" 

He shakes his head. "No, no. I'm just not tired, that's all." I nod and lie on the bed, curling up under the covers and closing my eyes. He lies next to me and holds me while clicking the light off. He strokes my hair as I drift off into my wonderland. 

+++

I wake up to my own screams of sheer terror as someone puts a cloth with a strong stench over my mouth. Before my eyes shut and I'm embraced with darkness again, I faintly see Jamison's body on the floor unconscious. Tears stream down the sides of my face as I cry, kick, and scream I try anything to break free from the person who holds me hostage until my body can't fight back anymore. My body goes limp and darkness over comes me.