X

-Lainna-

They dragged me away and punished me. Bruises cover my arms, my lip split, and a broken heart. They yelled and screamed. Told me not to socialize with another living person again. I hang by my arms in cuffs in the basement. My body numb and limb. This actually isn't the first time it has happened. When I came back, they were disappointed in me, like everybody else. I did something wrong, so they felt the need to hang me by my arms and leave me there for a few days.

It was hard getting over what every body was saying to me. Alexx kept threatening me, Jamison kept asking me when I was going to come back, Meri and Blaine never said a word to me after I left. Times like these, when I'm just hanging here, it's my time to think. I can't think when they always follow me. I feel like I can't do anything when they're near, because I'm afraid what ever I do they won't approve and hang me here.

They come in the room, single file. Always wearing the same black cloaks. They unlock the cuffs and I fall weightlessly onto the chipped brick floor. My wrists are sore and raw. My eyes follow them as they walk out the chamber door, leaving it open. Is Jamison still here? Has he left? I want to leave, but we all know that's not going to happen. It's a bad idea too.

I glance around the corner, seeing if anyone is there. I don't know why I do this. It's useless, they can be invisible, watching me anywhere. I'll never escape. I walk out of the chamber/basement and into the dining room. He's still there, sitting on the porch swing with his head in his hands. His body shaking as he cries. I can hear faint cries come from him.

This is all my fault. If I have never left, if I never played the Ouija board, I could be staring out my bedroom window, getting lost with the leaves. Alexx, Meri, Blaine, Jamison, Jason and I could be hanging out right now. Why do I have to be so stupid?

I get up and walk out the door without a moments hesitation. I need to make things right between us. This ends now. I look at Jamison who looks at me, relieved. "We need to go. Now." I say. Before he could answer, I drag him behind me and run. He stumbles but he catches up.

"What happened?!" He shouts. I can't answer him. He keeps asking more and more questions the farther we go. When I finally feel like we're safe, I stop. "Can we talk now?" He questions, and I nod my head weakly.

"So what happened was," I wheeze and I try to say more, but my air level isn't steady right now. My lungs are on fire and my muscles and aching. "What happened was..." I try saying again, but I'm gasping for air. I didn't know I was this out of shape.

"Why don't you just not talk for now? Okay?" He says, cradling me in his arms. I nod, tiredly, almost falling asleep. "No, don't fall asleep out here." He says, trying to keep me awake. I fall asleep anyways.