V

I walk down the frosted dirt road. The light makes the frost sparkle and shine; blinding me. I can't believe I'm really doing this- running away. I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I lost control and made a last minute decision. Mom must have called the police by now for a search party. I know that she knows that she'll probably never find me again.  Mom keeps texting me, saying "You're gonna regret this Lianna Belle Marie." - which I already sort of do. She also keeps asking me where I'm at, but I'm too afraid to tell her. I know she doesn't like this place, but she also doesn't know where it is. She gets scared and can't sleep when she doesn't know where I am...

I start crying hard. The hot tears pour down my face and my eyes feel swollen. My body limp and head hung. I just feel so bad because I know she cares, although there is sometimes where it seems like it doesn't. But she has tried so many things for me but I just ignore them. I keep trying to push her out of my life when she feels like she's doing something right or when she's trying to do something right. One day she's going to die and I won't be at her funeral because of how I reacted. I need to go back.

I pick my head up, wipe my face with my sleeve and look up. I see the same shadow as I did a couple nights ago in Alexx's house. I could tell it was the same one because of its shape. I stared closely at it, and it seemed to be staring back at me. I slowly start walking towards the house and it's gone. Now I'm really curious. I step inside the house and look around. There's these people all around me, but they're like shadows. I stare at all of them and it feels kind of nice. My pulse is steady and I'm not scared. 

There's a heavy layer of dust on everything and the air is thick and musty smelling. I see the sun rays coming in through the window and it's pretty. This could be the start of something. 

I look back at the things staring at me. I slowly grab my phone and click on camera. I try not to make it noticeable that I'm taking a picture, but they're suddenly gone right when I take the picture. A loud laugh cuts through the air, startling me. I quickly put my phone back in my pocket. My heart beats quicken and it feels like someone is squeezing my heart. Something touches me and I lose it. I run out of the house and jog down the road. Not back home, but somewhere.