XXII

Kyle and Nick eventually leave the room as we hang here almost lifelessly. I can barely breathe and my throat is dry, but I need to get this out to Jamison. "Jamison," I cough out. It burns my lungs, the words, but I must go on. "Jamison. I...need to tell...you something." I manage to choke out. He directs his attention to me, and I thank God he's still alive. My heart pounds with joy. "If I die.." I start, but he interrupts me.

"Lainna." His voice is hoarse. "Lainna don't you dare start that. Please don't." He begs, panicking. "Sh, sh. Jamison, calm down." I say, but it's like I triggered something inside of him that I somehow can't shut down. He suddenly stops and listens for something. I hear it too, footsteps. "Lainna, whatever you do, do NOT fight against him. We're too weak. We're nothing to him." He reminds me, keeping his voice hushed. This makes me panic. Why does he say that? Is something bad going to happen? 

"Jamison, what are you talking about?" I say, the panic is manifested. "What did he tell you?" I really need to stop crying. Apparently my voice isn't as quiet as Jamison wants it to be because he shushes me. Oh no he didn't. "You need to be quiet, he could be eavesdropping." He whispers lightly and putting his tip toes on the mossy brick floor. "He told me you're going into some sort of... surgery." I can see a shudder run through him as for me. 

A rush of panic slices through me as I realize it's happening today and there's no fighting against it. Where will it happen? How will it happen? Questions race through my mind as Kyle comes in, let's me down from the ropes and somehow manages a comforting smile, although it's not comforting at all. "Come on, baby doll. It's time for your surgery." He says giddily. I hate these sudden mood swigs he has. 

He guides me to some bright white room and it's almost blinding. I haven't seen actual light for a couple weeks, which seems like forever. I look around and I wish I was blind. There's some sort of tools or torturing devices hanging on the wall all around us. I see a three people dressed in all black with black masks covering their faces. Who are they? I want to ask, but I don't want to make him upset and hurt me more than he probably already is. 

 "Have a seat, Bells." He says, using the nickname everyone uses. I cringe as the cold metal touches my body. I never realized until now how disgustingly dirty I am. He walks into a room where I hear running water. My throat burns as I think of the thought of being able to eat again. We've only been fed scraps of food, nothing more, nothing less. He enters the room again, drying his hands with a white towel. "Before we begin your operation today, I need to give you a bath, you poor filthily thing." He says, kind of pouty like as he skims me over. "Come, come." 

I slowly walk over to him, unsure. I'm scared because I know he won't let me bathe myself, and I don't want him seeing me. I don't want him thinking, touching, looking, or doing anything else to me. Unfortunately, we won't always get what we want. He tells me to sit on the edge of the tub and he starts to undress me. The touch of his fingers along my skin makes me want to puke, but I have to let him know I'm not afraid. I look down at the floor, trying to cover myself with my hair. He bushes it away and smiles at me. "Stop that. You certainly are beautiful, I don't want you to be shy around me." He says, looking at me. Goosebumps cover my skin as he brushes his lips to my neck. My breath hitches.

"K-Kyle. The tub." I whisper, trying to stay calm. He moves back and turns the water off. "Right. Okay, in you go." He says. I put myself in the water and let it take over me. It glides across my skin and I miss that feeling of being clean. I don't try to fight against him when he washes me. I know if I do, I'll get hurt. Blood and dirt fill the tub as he washes me as I pick at my fingernails, it's like it's all natural. 

Once he's done, he dresses me in light blue scrubs and leads me into the operating room. The cold tiles tickling my feet and then the cold metal is freezing. The metal bed is split into four different sections. One for each of my arms and legs and a solid one for the rest of my body. Metal cuffs lock over my wrists and ankles. He better not be doing what I think he's going to do. "You won't feel a thing." He says, injecting me with some sort of serum. My arms and legs become tingly and I can't feel anything. Like I could bite through my skin and not feel a single thing. 

He pushes a red button and the separate parts start to move, stretching my arms and legs. It makes a very loud groaning type noise. At first it isn't so be but then it starts to burn. He's trying to tear me apart, literally. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" I hear a familiar female voice say. He shuts the machine off, furious. "What?!" He shouts and the girl takes off her mask. I'm in complete utter shock. "This isn't what you told us you would do. This isn't what you promised us." She says. Is she...saving me? 

"Alexx?" I whisper, my eyebrows furrowed. The other person in all black steps up and takes off their mask. "Jason?!" I say louder and my heart aches. What the hell? "Does it look like I keep my promises?" He spits, ignoring me. He's about to turn the machine back on until Jason says something. "Do not touch this machine again until we tell you." Jason instructs. Are they his boss or something? This doesn't make sense. How do they know him?

Alexx and Jason have been behind this all along. They helped him send those letters because they told him where I lived. It all pieces together. They wanted to use my father to get revenge on me. But for what?

a/n: lol bet you didn't expect that