VII

-Jamison-

It was hard losing Lainna, because not only do I just love her, but this is all another part of her game she's playing and I'm another player. It seems like I lost this round, but I'll come back and win. I always do. I have to. The police took me in and interviewed me, asking me when was the last time I saw her. I broke down in tears, it hurt to hear her name.

--Flashback--

"Get in the car." Mom said as I came home. I was at the church park in Standish because it was the only park I knew of. My mom's sudden outburst scared me. 

"What, why? What's going on?" I panic.

"I need to take you down to the police station. You need to be interviewed by the detectives so you can help Lainna's mom and dad search for her. To give them clues or answers on where she might be." This shocked me. Nobody ever asks me for help or anything that involves me. I was always that shy kid who hid in the crowd, trying not to be noticed. Never talked, never attempted to be outgoing, but once I heard about Lainna, I felt bad for her and wanted to help her. So if that's what it takes now, I'll do anything.

We drove to the police station and they took me to the interviewing room. It smelled muggy and sweaty. I sat down across the detective and he asked me some simple questions like:

Him: When was the last time you saw Lainna?

Me: A couple days ago when we were hanging out at her friend Alexx's house.

Him: Do you know what could've caused her absence?

Me: I don't know. She seemed to be upset although she tried to hide it.

He took quick notes, only writing the key words. It wasn't like those interviews on TV shows where they're all mean and have a light beading down on you. He was nice and just wanted answers.

Him: Do you know where she might be at?

Now I started panicking. The part where I wanted to break down. I don't know where she was. I know he wanted answers, but I wanted answers too. I wanted to find her. To know that she was okay and alive. Breathing instead of death. I wanted to know where she was at, but I couldn't answer because it was too late. I was crying badly and he just stood there, waiting for my answer. He sighed and closed his notebook. 

Him: This interview is over now kid. You can go.

--End of Flashback--

Now I'm walking the road I thought I'd never walk again. I hope it lead me to Lainna. I walked this road a thousand times with her. The road with the abandoned house that we would always hang out at. She would always suddenly become shy as we all came to the door. And I was now at the door.