t h i r t y

Savannah

"Baby, you know I'm sorry right? I had a moment of weakness." Bry wrapped his arms around me from behind.

I tucked in my bottom lip and nodded as I applied make up to my bruise.

"Baby talk to me." He pleaded. "I messed up I know, but this won't happen again."

"What did I even do?" I broke down ruining all the makeup I applied.

"It don't even matter what you did. You don't deserve what I did." He held onto me as I cried into his chest.

Earlier I had a phone call that I directed Bry to answer. After the call ended I assume he went through my phone and whatever he saw pissed him the hell off. He punched and kicked me numerous times to get his point across.

"I'm sorry baby, I am forreal. I love you. You still love me?"

"Yeah, I love you..."

--------------------
Landon

"Marley stop!" I yelled as he tried to rough up Chocolate. She too big to be playing with my lil Chocolate like that.

"She not gonna hurt her."

"I don't care she make me nervous."

"You just yelling at my baby for no reason. Come here Marley!" She ran jumping into Sila lap as she held her like a baby. Marley was bigger than her, what type of shit?

I rolled my eyes and focused on the dinner I was making for us. Sila just been randomly mentioning how she wants some gumbo so I'm making some for her tonight.

"Babe, it smells so good."

"Come taste it."

She got up off the couch and strolled into the kitchen. I put what I could on the spoon and held my hand under the spoon as she held her mouth open.

She closed her eyes moaning as she chewed.

"Good?"

"So good. Let me taste some more."

"Nah, gotta wait til everything done. Stop being greedy move.

"You're an ass."

I smacked her butt giving it a slight grip. "And you have one, now move."

Sha stomped out of the kitchen and I chuckled. My phone began ringing and I wiped off my hands before picking it up seeing Zeynep's name.

"Hello?"

"Lan you busy?"

"If whatever you need requires me to leave where I'm at well then yeah, I am."

"He's hitting her again." She sighed.

"Who's hitting who?"

"Bryson. That bitch is hitting Savannah again."

"I was unaware that he'd ever stopped."

"He did for a little while."

"Yeah, to win her back but who really expected it to last? If we're just being honest Zey."

"You gotta help her Landon."

"What you want me to do? The girl act like she can't even say two words to me."

"Yeah, maybe as friends. Maybe she wants something more."

"When you've been through what I've been through with her you can't just jump back into shit. You gotta build the foundation all over again. Starting as friends. Regardless of any of that, now there really ain't hope of us having anything Zey. I'm past that in my life you know."