e i g h t e e n

Okaaaaay first of yal this story hit 101k! Alreaddyyyyyyyyy! Yal are the fucking goats. Thank you for every vote, comment, and read and I promise to continue to deliver.

Love yal man ❤️

The picture Landon took of Savannah in MM

Savannah

I'd called Landon over 20 times today alone and though he said we weren't broken up he damn sure was acting like it. It'd been three days since he left and I was miserable. I sighed feeling defeated but decided to just call one more time.

This time I felt hope because unlike the other times I wasn't sent directly to voicemail. That hope was immediately shut down when a female voice answered the phone.

"Hello?" She said.

"H-hello? Who is this?"

"Muk, who is this?"

"Um Savannah, may I speak to Landon?"

There was shuffling in the background before an obviously annoyed Landon got the phone.

"Don't touch my shit." He spat at her. "Hello?"

"Landon where are you?"

"On my way home."

My eyes shot wide open. "You coming back?"

"Mhm, I'll be there soon." He hung up the phone before I could get another word in.

I looked around the house and sure enough it was spotless. I'd been cleaning everyday since he left. I ran upstairs to quickly shower. I got out and threw on a little body suit Id recently purchased. I sprayed some smell good on myself and then made it back downstairs just in time because Landon was coming through the door.

"He-" I was cut off by him walking up to me and aggressively pressing his lips against mine.

"Landon." I pulled away from the kiss and his eyes were stained with tears. "Baby w-what's wrong?"

"She-" his voice croaked and he completely broke down. I led us to the couch and he cried into the crook of my neck.

"Baby please stop crying." I placed soft kisses on his earlobe while rocking him back and forth and rubbing his back. I couldn't help the tears that were now rolling down my cheek.

I'm a cry baby regardless so seeing others cry makes me cry. This was different though. I'd never seen Landon cry, ever. He hated it and he hated when others did it.

"Dawg, I did everything I could for her and that shit never enough. Never was." He sniffled and I sat him up wiping the tears from his face. His head hung low, he obviously didn't want to look at me.

"Your mom?"

He nodded. "I went ova' dea." His accent now booming through his sniffles. "Tried to explain ta' ha that I can't take care of everybody. Nobody wanna help me get it but everybody wanna help me spend it. I'm tied'. I told ha she my momma and I love ha but I ain't gon keep giving ha handouts if she gon keep spending it on these niggas."

"What she say?"

"She looked me dead in my face and told me ta' get out. Shit caught me off guard so I asked ha' why. She said cause I ain't sayin nothin' she care about." He bit down on his bottom lip as it quivered. "Das my momma bro. My fuckin momma. She raised me, I thought of ha as my queen. What type of shit is that?"

"Landon look at me."

He softly shook his head no.

"Look at me." I said sternly and he peaked up at me. "Don't you let her do this to you. I know you. Right now you probably thinking what you did wrong, how can you make it better, what can you do to fix it. This is out of your hands babe. You've done everything. Literally, everything. Some folks are just stuck in their ways. Your mom is so unhappy and bitter than your money and love will never be enough she needs prayer. That's all that can fix this."