Chapter 29

Make sure to follow on Instagram!! @ lovesymbolseries

Skipper's POV

I stumble through the window, back into my dorm room I haven't seen for a few good days. Becky and Ana are there, but I ignore them, walking to my closet to get some new, and warmer, clothes to wear. I love the skirts, I do, it's just New York winters are far too cold to wear them everyday.

I haven't slept in a while, but, what's new?

I open the closet, to find it bare, completely empty. "Ok..."  "Hey." Ana says, as I walk over to my dresser and pull open the first drawer. It is also empty, nothing but my notes from Michael. I pull open the next one, and the next, but they are all empty.

"Your dad came and cleaned them out. Said you're moving? Look... I covered for you, but he keeps coming here. He's cute and all, but I don't know how many times I have to tell the man to knock. He walked in on me changing." Becky stares at me, waiting for a response to her rant. "So... lock the door." It's not like there's much to see, Becky is a stick.

She sighs, unfolding her long legs, and standing. "Are you moving in with him or not?" "Hell no."

"So tell him that, don't leave it to me to clean up your messes for you." Bitch.

I take my drug money out of my pocket, slapping it on the dresser and gazing at the bags at the foot of my bed. "Did he pack those?" Ana nods, and the image of Sperm Donor rooting through my underwear drawer makes me gag. "Wait a minute, where did you get that money?" Becky asks, pointing to the six stacks sitting on the dresser.

I grab them up quickly, and shove them into the suitcases. Upon opening them, I see that he has very neatly folded the clothes from my closet into them. "Jay," I mumble in response to her nosy question, pulling the suitcase toward the window. Where will I go? I can't live on the streets and still go to class enough to keep the school off my radar. I certainly can't live here, or Sperm Donor will find me.

Will's place must be empty. He told me he paid off the place a few months ago... meaning it's vacant. If he didn't put it on the market before he left town, that means it's just sitting there waiting for me. And I have a key.

"Wow." Becky crosses her arms, shaking her head. "So that was the 'chemistry homework' huh? The Clan?" "Don't act like you're 'high and mighty' Becky, I already know you're in on it too."

She opens her mouth to respond, but Ana cuts her off. "If I were you, I'd go now. Your dad already filed the paperwork to move you off campus, and I'd say he's gonna be coming to find you any minute now. They're already working on giving someone your half of the room." She seems neutral in her words, which is a relief.

"Yeah, I'm going. Don't worry." I reopen the window, and sigh, before dropping the suitcase to the ground below. Luckily it stays closed, coming to a resting spot in a heap of old snow. "But where are you going?" Becky interrogates once more. "As if I'd actually tell you that." I scowl, and close the window in her face.

****

I can see my breath as I walk into Will's old place. The only sign that he isn't here is the fact that it's colder in here than it is outside.

My first order of business is to turn the heat on. After I do that, I just stand there, looking around the empty place, drifting from room to room. Everything seems to be still here, even his prized record collection is still on the shelf in the living room.

I grip the banister harder than necessary as I walk up the spiral staircase to the second floor, remembering how nervous I was when I woke up here the first time. I had a hangover, how smart was I? Will was still so new and foreign to me then, we hadn't even kissed yet. I miss those days with a passion, I miss his goofy smile.