Chapter 21

Skipper's POV

"This whole time." I whisper to myself, after Jay has lead me to a back room, (his office I assume) and shut the door behind us.

It's a small room, with bare walls, a small desk and a computer. There's a chair in the corner, but other than that the room is very plain. I guess he's not one for decorations. He sits on the edge of the desk, looking up at me. "This whole time... this is who you were?" I whisper, furrowing my eyebrows, and studying his face for any sort of expression. He gives none.

"It had nothing to do with us... when we were us. I kept it away from you." That's his excuse? That is his comeback? "But... Jay... You were nice! You were the only one who was nice to me. I hate the way things ended, I hate what you did to me, and I learned to get over that. But this? Jay.. I thought I knew you."

"And I thought I knew you." He cocks his head slightly. "Skipper... you wronged me as well. Don't forget that. The way I paid for the  teddy bears and flowers I bought you was something that I kept aside."

"I can't believe this," I breathe quietly, turning my back to him. "Tell me, Skipper, Why are you here?"

Jay may be a completely different person than I thought he was, but that doesn't mean I'm not... interested in what he's got going on here. It seems like a tight establishment, and from the thirty thousand dollars sitting on the floor in the other room, this place seems pretty productive. I would never in a million years dream of taking this stuff, but... it seems like it might be a fun project to help them sell.

"You need me." I turn, staring at him. "Um... I got over you." I roll my eyes, scoffing. "And I got over you, Jay, but I am in no way talking about relationships. I'm talking about this... what do you call this?" "The Clan. We're called the clan." "Ok... you need me in this... cocaine clan. I know you're smart, but I've got medical experience, and experience with chemistry. I could.. clean up this cooking situation... help with the selling."

He chuckles softly, giving me a shameful glance. "I still don't want you getting involved in this, I don't like it, and neither would Michael. Or.. your father for that matter." How the hell does he know. I sigh, with a shrug. "Nobody has to know. I want this, badly." I take a step forward, while he lets his head drop into his hands.

His fingers massage his eyelids for what seems like an eternity, before he looks up at me again. "You really want to be apart of the clan?" "You know I do." Another long silence. "And you know about refining cocaine?" "Yeah, it's like any other opium drug."

He sighs. "This clan is ride or die, got it? You get caught, you never disclose any details about the clan. You are at the lowest level right now, you have no authority. You do what my second in command Blake tells you, you do what I tell you to do." I grin, running a hand through my hair.

"Got it." He sighs, rubbing his hair with a hand. "Damn it, you don't know what the hell you're getting into, do you?" I follow him from the room excitedly, grinning like an idiot.

Blake sifts through the white gook in the water with a stick, looking up at us two. "What did you two do? Kiss and make up?" I roll my eyes. "No, my... significant other is being held in jail right now, but I have one." "You mean... you're not back with Michael?" Jay squints at me. "No..."

The corner or his mouth turns up for a split second, before it disappears. "She's in, guys." "She's in, surprise, surprise." Carleigh retorts, while trying to hide her smile. "Well... Mamacita, things just got a little more interesting." He wiggles his eyebrows at me. "Everyone knows that's Pablo Escobar's nephew, right?" "Don't call her that." Jay snaps, and Blake laughs. "Lay off, man."