Baby You're Mine

Clarise's P.O.V.

I finish eating my ice cream before calling out to Jace from the kitchen. "Hey Jace?"

"Yeah?" He hollers back since the kitchen and the living room are on opposite ends of the house.

"I've been thinking, did you forget about that little question you mentioned in a certain letter?" A smile crawls across my face as I stop what I'm doing and join Jace in the living room.

"No, which is why I planned ahead. All of the invitations are out. I invited your family, mine, and all of our friends. Total of 127 people are coming. And I rented the park out, you know, the nice one with the white gazebo and the lake with that mini waterfall?" He explains and I can't help but admire his hard work.

"You, managed to do all of that? By yourself?"

"Well yeah, it wasn't that hard. I just wrote an email and forwarded it to everyone. Then printed out all of the invitations which I then mailed. The email acted as backup invites. And the park, well...I have connections." Jace winks at me.

'Decorations?" I ask him, because I'm usually the party planner, so I'm just a little concerned on how it's all going to turn out.

Jace puts his hands on my shoulders and looks into my eyes. "Hey, don't worry about it. I have everything taken care of. Well, almost everything. The dress is your job. Oh, and because of my service, the wedding is going to have some other friends of mine there, from the Army. So I guess you could say it's going to be a military wedding."

"Really? I've always wondered what those were like." I clap my hands together in happiness.

"Well now you get to have one of your very own. Oh, and the date is next week."

"That soon?" I wonder if I'll have enough time to prepare. Seven days might not be enough.

"Yeah, but I set everything up long before."

"You have no clue how much I love you right now for doing this." I smile at him, blushing.

"Or do I?" Jace suddenly leans forward, placing his lips on mine, passionate, but gentle. But suddenly, I pull back, remembering a conversation we previously had.

"What is it? Did I do something wrong?" Jace looks at me with concern.

"No, it's not you. Well, I mean it is, but not like that." I try to think of easy ways to ask him my question, but every idea I cam manage to come up with would sound horrible.

"I don't know what you mean. Mind explaining?"

"Are...oh I shouldn't ask this." I already regret even thinking of asking.

"I promise you, you can ask me anything. Whatever it is, I won't be mad at you. " Jace says, taking my hand, and rubbing it with his thumb.

"Okay...well I was just wondering. Are you still having, you know, nightmares?" My voice practically becomes a whisper by the time I finished asking my question. I remember how bad it was before, and how upset he was when I first talked to him about it.

"Not lately, no. Why the sudden interest?"

"Don't really know, the thought just popped into my head." I shrug.

"Oh, well okay. But to officially answer your question, no, no I'm not."

"I'm really sorry for asking, I know it's nine of my business." I feel my face go red in embarrassment.