Dear Clarise: Please Don't Forget Me

Dear Clarise,

I figured that you have been impatiently waiting for me to write. So, now I finally am. I'm in my makeshift tent, in the middle of the desert, in case you were wondering what it's like up here. It's sorta dry, and very warm. Kinda like Florida if you think about it(not including the desert part). And I'm know I'm an idiot for not writing sooner, the thing is, I realized that I don't have a lot of free time, not as much as I originally thought. I'd be lying if I said I'm having fun, because this is not, never is supposed to be 'fun'. There is too much going on right here, in the area we are in, we fall asleep listening to the echoing of bombs in the distance. It's miserable. We have already lost some, because of attacks.

I know I'll be home soon, in 6 months. The first 3 months have passed so quickly, that you see me before you know it. But in the meantime, don't forget me. Don't you ever forget me. I'll never forgive myself if you do. And if anything were to happen in the 6 months that I have left here, just know that you aren't alone. It's not just you that is going through this, we all are, many people are. Some of my comrades talk to me about their wive's; their young children. How when they Skype, then are overjoyed and then depressed on how they aren't actually there; it's not the same. Anyways, you are not the only one out there.

Remember when we were out on an ice cream date and they gave me the wrong flavor? Can you believe they gave me freakin strawberry when I asked for chocolate? And I hate strawberry! You were so sweet when you let me share with yours, taking turns. That's what I like about you, always so loving and kind. You want to make sure other people are happy. And that's the reason why I love you. Memories just like that one, run through my mind. Thinking of you is what is keeping my sanity, because it's crazy what the war does to people. So don't you forget me. And I'll have you know you will always be my little bookworm (I know that's the cheesiest thing to say,but you are always reading, always. And you kinda remind me of Belle from Beauty and the Beast). So that's all the time I have, Sarg. is going to yell at me if I don't get out of my tent soon, haha.

Please live your life to the fullest,
Jace (a.k.a, an idiot)             

      P.S please don't reply back to this, I barely had enough time to write this one letter alone. Even though I would love to hear from you, we are under restrictions. Sorry.