What's Left?

What's Left?

Luna Lovegood was always such a simple girl, she would stay away from people and she'd never follow her hearts eyes.

Now, Luna Lovegood was very different. She would go with her heart, she was complicated and she was too different. All those things answered her questions about why she was the way she is but one thing no one could have ever guessed for Luna was that she, at this very moment, would be lying in the dangerous arms of Draco Malfoy.

"What are you going to tell Neville?" Draco asked, his arms tightening around her slightly at just the mention of her still boyfriend.

"Tell him."

"That would mean telling everyone else." Luna could hear the waver in Draco's voice and sat up watching as he shifted into a more comfortable position against the tree. His grey eyes caught with her silver shinning ones and he forced a smile.

It wasn't that Draco didn't want anyone to know, it was that he was afraid of what would happen if they did. He loved holding her and he would love to be able to walk down the halls with her soft hands in his and be able to kiss her when ever he wanted without secrets but not even he was that stupid. If they were to come out this early then there would be hell to pay and Draco was still trying to get the whole love thing under his belt, he didn't need to worry about Luna more then he already did.

"Draco? What is it? Why wouldn't you want anyone to know?" He kept his eyes in hers and saw the flicker of doubt wash across her eyes.

"Because it would mean a lot of people would be after us. It could easily pull as apart or even get us...hurt." Draco looked away to the ground and Luna reached out as her fingertips brushed his cold pale cheeks.

"I don't think anyone will hurt us that badly."

"Luna...too much is going on right now. It's not safe." He took her fingers in his and pressed them to his lips and that surprised Luna, she never thought of Draco as the passion showing type...but he was doing a very good job at it.

"But I can't keep lying to Neville."

"Do you like him?" Draco asked. His jaw had set and Luna noticed. She looked away blushing slightly as she began to play with the grass with her other hand, Draco's grasp on her fingers lossened as he let her fingers go and looked to the ground also. "Right."

"I-I do like him...but I-"

"Your not sure...about me or him." Luna nodded. She loved Draco that was true but she loved him because he was the complete opposite to Neville yet she couldn't deny what she felt towards Neville and it would be wrong to go ahead and not fully find out. More hearts could be broken if she did and Draco's could be one of them.

"I'm sorry. But I do love you." She didn't want to lose Draco and she would leave Neville if that's what he wanted.

"I know." He whispered getting to his feet and helping Luna's to hers before pressing his lips lightly to her's. He wanted to get to his knees and beg her to leave him but he knew, she wasn't a simple little girl anymore and if he truly wanted to call her his then she would only leave Neville with a reason, and he would have to be that reason and everyone who it mattered to would have to know.

"We can wait right?" She asked holding onto his hands.

"No...we'll tell them. I don't want you in anyones arms other then mine." He whispered pulling her straight into his arms and holding her tightly to his chest as he pressed his lips into her hair. He would rather fight the world off then lie and watch her spend the days with someone who couldn't love her like him and she deserved the best she could have. 

"I really do love you Draco." She muttered clinging to him.

"How could you?" Draco and Luna pulled apart at the screech from behind them. Luna spun around to Draco's side with her eyes wide open as she stared and crying soon to be idiot in front of her. Their wand was reached out pointing towards them and they were taking slow steps towards Luna and Draco as they took slow steps back away.

"Calm down and put your wand down...." Draco muttered as Luna grasped Draco's frightened, she could see the crazy look in her eyes but the minute she did, Luna's body had gone ice cold and her eyes glazed over with fear.

"Draco..." She whispered as she watched the whole scene unfold before her but Draco was too busy trying to slowly reach for his wand in his pocket to notice Luna was having one of her visions.

"You have no clue what you've done to us! You'll pay...just like your stupid parents did, just like everyone around you did! You will pay!" The yells of the gang sounded as they ran towards them, Harry prayed that he could get there in time with Ron and the rest behind them with fear as they held their wands watching and trying to get there before she did anything stupid.

"Your not-"

"DRACO!" Luna cried out, tears running down her cheeks as she finally snapped from her vision and felt her body turn weak but it wasn't the same as the first time it had happened, in a moment like this and by instict Luna had gained control of that single power.

Draco's eyes snapped to Luna in worry but quickly shot back to the enemy with her wand gripped tightly in her hand as she took the oppertunity to yell out the killing curse. Draco watched the red light fly from her wand in slow motion ignoring Luna's crys for him not to do it, she had seen what would happen but he didn't know that, and with in a second his grip on her hand had tightened and her body was flung behind him as the curse hit him square in the chest as he moved into her place.

"NO!" Luna screamed as she scrambled to her knees and rushed hovering over her prince watching as the life died from her grey eyes to quickly.

She wrapped her arm around his neck, her other holding onto his shirt begging him to wake up as the tears splashed down onto his chest. She cried out his name as the gang finally arrived to late standing, watching at the boy they all hated.

Luna pressed her lips against his cold ones screaming his name out over and over again begging for anyone to hear to do something as she refused to believe that was the end, that he was gone.

"Draco...Draco please...don't....don't go please...." She cried over and over and felt Pansy weeping behind her as she wrapped her arms around Luna's waist holding her hair back. They were never friends but right now, Luna and Pansy were all they had and Luna let Draco go as she clung to Pansy before reaching for her wand and standing.

Anger had raced through her and she stared at the gasping girl on the ground as she tried to get her breath back, she looked pale, hurt and in pain as she looked up at her through her brown frizzy curls.

She heard Harry whisper something that she wouldn't give time for her to answer,

"What have you done Hermione?"

===================================================

Ohhhhh sorry for the spelling mistakes I just needed to get this out there! Ok so what do you think happened? Dun dun dun!!!! I'm not gonna give anything away but remember this isn't as straight foward as it seems :P