Introduction to Charlene

A/N: There is a book 2 now! So please go check it out :) love you guys ❤

-

Hi I'm Charlene but everyone calls me Char or Chaz, I'm 16, I have bleach blonde hair, I'm very tanned, I have blue eyes and I'm basically your stereotypical girl.

You probably think I'm into makeup, I'm big headed, I go partying and all those stereotypical types of thing that 'girls like me' do.

If you think that you're wrong.

I work with my dad, Owen Grady, at a new zoo/theme park. Well, it's not exactly a zoo... Argh. Alright, basically our park is full of members of the public, mad scientists and... Dinosaurs.

Yep, dinosaurs.

Now please do not think I'm absolutely crazy because 'dinosaurs don't exist' well they're not supposed to, but they do now. That's where the scientists step in. I have no idea how they made them, all I know is that they get the blood from mosquitos and all the DNA and something about a frog and... Argh anyway.

That doesn't matter.

My main focus is my raptors, I bet you now think I'm insane. You're probably thinking velociraptors are extremely dangerous and will kill me, but I'm not dead yet. I've grown up with these raptors since I was 12, I saw them when they first hatched and have been close with them ever since.

Blue is the Beta she was created with the DNA of the Black-throated monitor lizard, which allowed her scales to reflect an irredentist blue colour, giving her the distinctive pattern that she was named after.

Out of all the raptors that were to be created following her birth, she was the largest. When she was born, my dad imprinted on her and the other raptors, which allowed him to train her meaning he is the Alpha.

Charlie, another raptor, skin pattern is the result of using Green Iguana DNA in her genetic coding, she is the sister of our Blue and we love Charlie loads.

Because she is the youngest in Jurassic World's raptor pack, Charlie looks to the pack's leader, Blue, for guidance and commands during hunts.

Charlie has such a high respect towards her leader that she sometimes gives up her meals to feed Blue.

Delta was created using more avian DNA, resulting in more birdlike movements and actions. Delta is the second in command of the pack because of her age, so if anything happens to Blue she will be the new leader.

Lastly is our dear Echo, she was the third Velociraptor created for the facility. She battled Blue for control of the park's Velociraptor pack, but Blue was the victor. Echo gained a scar across her face from the encounter and her jaw became permanently offset.

Due to her permanent sneer, some of the Jurassic World dinosaur handlers nicknamed her "Elvis".

When I first heard that my dad would be looking after these raptors I became intrigued and did loads of research non-stop.

When I left school my teachers gave me a certificate called the dinosaur addict and I was most likely to move on to be a mad dinosaur scientist which I found funny.

When I was 13 I became a trainer for the raptors because of my knowledge and respect.

Now that I'm 16 this is my full time job and I wouldn't change it for the world.

My boss Claire made these dinosaurs to earn money and to be famous, I honestly don't think she cares for them.

But to me and my dad they are our family. Me and dad have a special and indescribable connection with these raptors, everyone rely's on us and we will always be there. Because of our love for them.