Curiosity

Dakota thought the meeting was quiet boring, but she seemed to notice her master slightly smiling. She wished she knew what was going through his head. She looked at whatever he was looking at. Senator Amidala, but duh he was looking at her, she was giving a speech. Dakota couldn't help but wonder though.
Jedi aren't supposed to have attachments, right? Dakota thought to herself.
No I'm just being crazy. He is The Chosen One. He wouldn't break the Jedi rules Dakota then rolled her eyes.
When will this meeting end? Why do people find this so interesting? Ugh! This is so boring! Dakota could only think to herself. Finally there was applause and the meeting was over.
Anakin motioned for Dakota to follow him. As they were walking through the hall they met up with Senator Amidala.
"General Skywalker! How nice to see you!" Padmé greeted.
"Senator Amidala! Nice speech by the way." Anakin said with a slight smirk, that Dakota barely saw.
"Thank you! And this must be your new Padawan." Padmé spoke, kindly.
"Oh yes this is Dakota Nova. Today is her first day." Anakin stated.
"Oh! Well I hope it goes better then your first day with... Never mind." Padmé said, but stopped. She then looked down. Dakota was a little confused.
"First day of what?" Dakota asked.
"Nothing. Its not important." Anakin said, with hurt in his voice. Dakota then understood. He was talking about Ahsoka.
"Well anyway, how would you and Dakota like to join me for lunch?" Padmé asked, changing the subject.
"Fine with me. What about you Dakota?" Anakin said, looking at Dakota.
"That would be great! I'm starved." Dakota stated. Then they began to walk to the landing platform.
Is this normal? Dakota thought to herself.
I don't think its everyday you get invited to lunch by one of the most famous Senators ever! Dakota thought, still to herself. Anakin and the Senator must have been talking about something funny, cause they were laughing. Dakota listened in on their conversation.
"3PO was going crazy! He wouldn't shut up about it either! He apparently thought it was hilarious that I, spilled tea all down my front!" Padmé said smiling.
"Well, it is kinda funny." Anakin said with a laugh.
"Your obnoxious." Padmé said, rolling her eyes.
"What? Its just you never do that, so when you do something like that, it is kinda funny." Anakin said, trying not to laugh.
"Yeah well, at least I'm not a klutz." Padmé said with a smirk.
"Whatever." Anakin said, with a small smile. They both then laughed about it for a few minuets.
Weird, Dakota thought, they act like there best friends. Or like a weirdly cute couple. Oh WAIT! No no no Anakin would never! Padmé would never! They are both very smart people. But what if... what if they are more then friends? I have to know! I guess I just have to stay close to Anakin, Dakota then looked up at them, They aren't even talking about politics or war! They act like normal friends, or a normal couple. Weird. Ugh! This is gonna drive me crazy! I know what I'll do. I'll ask Obi-wan. He would know. And with that Dakota decided to talk to them.
"Hey, I'm actually kinda tired. Why don't y'all just go on. I'm gonna stay and get some rest." Dakota said to Anakin and Padmé.
"You sure?" Padmé asked.
"Yeah. Just want to be well rested for tomorrow. I have a feeling training is gonna get a lot harder." Dakota said looking at Anakin.
"She is right about that." Anakin stated, with a smirk.
"Well, I guess you will have to come another time then." Padmé said kindly. Then Dakota nodded goodbye and went off to find Obi-wan.