Chapter 8 - Sierra the stranger.

I ran home, tears streaming down my cheeks. My face felt cold and sticky in the breeze.

I felt my shoe hit a bump in the ground, and before I knew it my face slammed down on the hard pavement. My face felt hot and uncomfortable as I felt a small amount of blood trickle down the side of my face. I held my shaking, white hands out in front of me. They were cut and had small splinters of rock stuck in them. My tights had ripped as blood gushed out of my knee.

I felt a slender, warm hand touch my shoulder. I flinched away, almost hissing. God I'd really lost it.

"Sorry.." A female voice said, filled with concern.

"It's okay, I've just had a bit of a weird day.. Sorry for flinching like that.."

"It's fine, don't worry about it. Names Sierra by the way." I was suddenly aware of her American accent.

"Sophia, but you can call me Soph!" I said with a cheesy grin. She giggled at my awkwardness.

"Need some help?"

"Please.. I'd really appreciate it." I smiled.

She helped me up slowly, handed me a tissue to dry my eyes, and led me to her apartment. She unlocked the door, and led me in to the bathroom. I sat on the side of her bath, limp as I began to sob again.

"Hey! Don't cry honey!"

She dabbed my wounds with a warm flannel and bandaged them up.

"Thanks.." I muttered.

"Do you want anything to drink? Tea? Coffee?"

Tea instantly made me think of Dan.

Another tear rolled down my cheek.

"C-coffee please.."

She led me down to the lounge, sitting me down on a sofa before walking out to the kitchen to fetch my coffee.

I cupped both cheeks in my hands, staring into space.

"Sugar?"

"Yes please!"

"2?"

"Yup"

I couldn't stop thinking about how horrid I was being to Dan. Dan. Dan...

I began to sob violently. This was too much. Sierra walked in with my coffee, putting it on the table in front of me. She engulfed me in a ginormous hug, as I cried on this strangers shoulder.

"Come on, now tell me what happened Sophia"

And I told her everything. Without a second thought. Without any thoughts of stranger danger. None of that crap that parents drilled into you. I just made the most of the company I had. I needed to, or else my other self would do something stupid, or evil.

"Don't worry too much about it. Listen, I have a spare bed if you don't feel up to going home tonight. You can sleep there."

"Thankyou, you're the nicest stranger I've ever met" I giggled.

I sipped my coffee until nothing was left, then retired upstairs. I fell asleep almost instantly as my head hit the pillow.